LS170 Front/Auxiliary Hydraulics Inoperable

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lrotunda

I have an LS170 Skidsteer, that I have owned for 2 1/2 years that I bought used. I guess I didn't check it out enough because when I went to connect a post hole digger to the front auxiliary hydraulic hoses, I got nothing. I did change the rocker switch on the hand controls and there is voltage to the switch, but when I attempt to energize the front hydraulics by pushing the button on the control panel (the red light lights) and try the paddle switch, nothing. What is interesting is that one would expect that you would hear a noise indicating that the pump was attempting to push fluid through the hoses, but I don't hear any noise or change of engine idle. Is there some sort of relay that I should be looking at or something else? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike10

The switch is not for the couplers on the boom. The boom hyd is controlled by the top of the right steering lever. Pull the "L" shaped pin down to free the top of the handle. Rotate the handle up or down to get flow to the couplers.