L185 quick attach inoperable?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GreenKing

2008 NH L185. Hydraulic quick attach isnt operating, and ive exhausted every option I can think of. I currently have it set up with lines to my aux which is getting me by. This of course eliminates any issues with the plate, pins, cylinders, etc, as they are all perfectly functional with an alternate hydraulic source.

So far, heres what Ive done.
Tested the switch, as well as traced and tested all of the wiring between the switch and the solenoid block.
Replaced the solenoid block (mostly because I relocated it from the plate to the right side fender, and the original block was kinda rusty and beat up from its exposure behind the plate)
Replaced the hoses from the block to the plate (again, maybe didn't need it but I have source for inexpensive hoses and I just felt like it)
Obviously checked fuses, etc

When pushing the switch, sometimes I can see a VERY slight fluctuation in the line, but when I say slight Im probably exagerating. Its almost non-existent.
When I take off the hose at the cylinder, fluid literally just drips out. Absolutely NO pressure, no attempt at pressure, no pressure change with switch depression.
The whole system appears to be fed off a hydraulic hose that is tee'd into the main hydraulic hose feeding the rest of the machine functions. The rest of the machine functions flawlessly, but when I take the (quick attach) hose off of that tee, fluid barely more than dribbles out. It would stand to reason, that if the tee off the main supply was wide open, fluid would be gushing out. It is not.

So, long and short of it, I seem to have a lack of hydraulic pressure feeding my quick attach system at the beginning. Has anyone experienced anything like this, or have a troubleshooting idea to check out?

Thanks!

Shanmar

"The whole system appears to be fed off a hydraulic hose that is tee'd into the main hydraulic hose feeding the rest of the machine functions. The rest of the machine functions flawlessly, but when I take the (quick attach) hose off of that tee, fluid barely more than dribbles out. It would stand to reason, that if the tee off the main supply was wide open, fluid would be gushing out. It is not."

So, I'm familiar with 2007 and older machines and all off them got hydraulic power from the bucket roll back circuit. You roll your right foot back & hold it and then rock the rocker switch to lock or unlock. So, you wouldn't have oil gushing out unless you rolled the bucket back. This is assuming they didn't make a change on the 2008 machine which I know has other differences. It's also assuming someone hasn't changed how this one is plumbed.

Did this machine's bucket latch worked before you relocated the solenoid valve block?

OP
OP
G

GreenKing

it had not worked at all since I bought it, relocated it during this investigative process because I found some threads where that had been done and liked the idea, but it didn't cause/resolve the issue.

That being said, you are absolutely right and that it was related to the bucket rollback. Ive got a lot of hours running these machines over the years, and never once had I learned or realized the correlation between those 2 functions. A fella on facebook today mentioned that same thing, played around with it, and boom. Everything works! Thanks for the reply!
"The whole system appears to be fed off a hydraulic hose that is tee'd into the main hydraulic hose feeding the rest of the machine functions. The rest of the machine functions flawlessly, but when I take the (quick attach) hose off of that tee, fluid barely more than dribbles out. It would stand to reason, that if the tee off the main supply was wide open, fluid would be gushing out. It is not."

So, I'm familiar with 2007 and older machines and all off them got hydraulic power from the bucket roll back circuit. You roll your right foot back & hold it and then rock the rocker switch to lock or unlock. So, you wouldn't have oil gushing out unless you rolled the bucket back. This is assuming they didn't make a change on the 2008 machine which I know has other differences. It's also assuming someone hasn't changed how this one is plumbed.

Did this machine's bucket latch worked before you relocated the solenoid valve block?