L185 wheeled NH skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

woodhog

I have an 06 NH L185 wheeled skid steer the hydraulics for the boom work fine but the skid steer will not move forward or back. This has happened in the past and I was finally able to get it moving by moving a few wires around however I don't know if the wiring actually caused the problem (it had set for days as i tinkered with things and then on the 5th day it worked). Just recently, I parked it in the tractor shed and went back to use it a couple of days later and it won't move. None of the trouble shooting items in the service manual address this. I would really like to get to the actual cause of this problem. I do not have pressure gages to check low pressures or high side pressures. I am hoping someone may have a way I can find the problem witout it costing me a great amount. i can take questions thru my email if you wish. ([email protected])

ianmcolo

Does your machine have 2 speed? If so the brakes are released by charge pressure with a 12v solenoid. This might be why moving wiring allowed the machine to work.

OP
OP
W

woodhog

I found the problem with my L185 to be the seat safety switch . The spade connectors were not making proper contact. I unfastened the connector and squeezed them both just a little, reconnected them and it worked great had full movement forward and reverse. Thanks to all those who replied.