C238 Quick Attach won't operate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ajaxn47

I have a New Holland C238 skid steer, and I cannot get the quick attach to operate. The lock pins are extended and will not retract. When I depress the unlock button and actuate the hydraulic toggle to unlock, nothing happens. I see the hydraulic lines move which indicates to me they are getting pressurized, then the hydraulic auxilary light illuminates, warning beeps, and the yellow caution light flashes on the instrument panel. I power the unit off, restart and everything is fine, no alarms or warnings, but when I try and unlock the quick attach the same thing occurs.

I have checked all fuses and they are all okay, I tapped on the pins with a hammer to see if they would retract, no luck. If I reverse the hydraulic lines on the quick attach the pins will retract but then will not lock/extend.

Apprecaite any help

CMC76

I have the same machine, I've noticed if anything the wiring is always suspect. Pull the control panels, on both sides and check for contact on connections and switches. I've had to replace a few. And hit everything with dielectric grease.
My AC indicator light was out and causing havoc.

Mofarm

My left/right switch gets stuck in left/right position which causes problems locking and unlocking the attachment. I am careful to move the L/R switch back to center after I perform a function.

What code are you getting with the yellow exclamation light (I assume that's the caution light you refer to). That can help pinpoint issues.