L185 Hydraulic Filter Warning Light

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Paul80

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2007 New Holland L185. After getting it home and running it for about 5 minutes a yellow warning light came on and it started beeping at me. I discovered that the warning light is for a restricted hydraulic oil filter. I also discovered that there was some water in the oil.

I drained the reservoir and refilled with new oil then installed a new filter. Ran it for about 20 minutes yesterday and the warning came back on.

Any ideas how to fix this? Should i have somehow drained all the lines/cylinders as well? Bad sensor?

Attachments

• 20230813_123342.jpg
    20230813_123342.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 84

mrbb

sounds like you have water in the hydraulic system, which, mans you need to fully, or as close to it as possible;e, drain the whole system, and not just the reservoir tank (as the water most likely will be below the tank,,as the oil will float to the top of things, and water sit in lower spots in the system)

and then replace filter again with a new one,
and IMO< I would also then be doing this again in a short period of time, to try and get the rest of the water out of system, and doing it with a fairly HOT system, as the water will mix into things and be more likely to be drained,!

as there is NO real way to 100% drain things, to remove ALL water! (unless you get crazy and remove every hose and flush things, which NO one will do)
so you can/might still end up with some water in system, so, a second close timed draining/filter change, will help remove more

leaving water in the system will/can l cause other things to fail or shorten there life span on them, leading to larger costly repairs!
so, trying to get all the water out as possible is your main goal here!
sucks, and won;'t be cheap,
but is what it is!

you can also drain oil into a clear container(or some of it) and look at it to see if its milky, or leave in the sun, and watch as the oil separates from it, as time passes, the water will sink to the bottom of container,
to give you an idea on how contaminated it is!

foton

water in the system can also mess up those sensors , check the cap where the wires come out and make sure it is dry, fluids can leak threw that part of the sensor and that is one sign that it is defective.

Latest posts