NHLX885 hydraulic filter removal problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Pudwacker

external canister and internal filter turn but filter will not unscrew from mount.Don't want to damage threads on mount. anyone experienced this problem?

foton

I am not sure about that machine but could it use a threaded ring that holds the filter housing on mount? Maybe tap the sides some as you put oil around the threads, sometimes a strap wrench can work. a pic could help identify type of filter housing it is. as I reread your post you state filter turns, does that mean the filter canister is clear enought to see filter itself?

Shanmar

Have not had that problem. Didn't look on mine, but is there room to get a large pipe wrench on at the base of the filter? Maybe it would pinch the canister against the base and turn it.
Or maybe a chain link style filter wrench to pinch in against the base.
Or hack and slash until you can get ahold of the filter base with something.

mrbb

What year? my Lx885 is a '99 and has a spin on hydrolic filter
same here mine just spins on ,
I gather maybe the last person way over tightened your filter on , you may end up cutting filter apart and then using something like needle nose pliers to unscrew the filter .as there are holes in the filter end that mates with the machine side, you maybe able to use to unscrew things with!

can you maybe post any pictures of your issue, might net you better suggestions!

OP
OP
P

Pudwacker

The machine is a 96. Filter is a spin on. Have started to cut filter apart.Thanks for the replys,a 20 minute job,turns into a project.