New Holland L180 auxiliary hydraulics not working properly

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Quietflow

The joystick controlled hydraulics on my L180 seem weak. Last year when I purchased a brush cutter it had a ton of power. Later in the year it is really weak. weaker in one direction than the other. I noticed using my plow this winter that it did not seem to have the zip when tipping the plow blade as well. The machine moves fine, and the foot controlled hydraulics operate as they always have. No repair manual on hand. Looking for some advice on where to begin as this is my first skid steer. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Q

Quietflow

To be clear we are talking the flat face connectors where the hoses for the attachment hook on?

OP
OP
Q

Quietflow

Is there anything I need to look for, or test? Or just get a new set and give it a shot? Appreciate the help

brdgbldr

To be clear we are talking the flat face connectors where the hoses for the attachment hook on?
Yes, the flat face couplers.

If it is one of the couplers, you can narrow it down by figuring out which one is supposed to be pressurized when you notice problems.

The couplers have seals and springs in them that can go bad. since it sounds like a flow problem, a flow meter is the only real way to test it. Sometimes the couplers don't open all the way.