Ls 180

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Smokybanks

My skidsteer runs fine for aprox 1 hr then shuts down. Reading on eic states 150 for the hyd temp. Also the battery symbol will flash. Unit will restart and shut dn after 30 sec. I have replaced hyd filter,hyd sensor and will be replacing fuel filter and air filter. After unit sets overnight the situation is the same the next day. Any help on this would be appreciated. Unit is a 2000 with ford diesel turbo

Mike10

An engine oil pressure sender will also casue the engine to shut down in 30 seconds. However, the hyd pressure or engine oil pressure fault should show up in your display lights by either illuminating the red charge pressure or red engine oil pressure lights.
Does your tachometer work on the instrument panel? If it is acting irractically you may have a problem with the alternator. The instrument panel needs to see a signal from the alt tach terminal. If it does not see this signal it will shut the engine down because it thinks the fan belt has broken.
A more likely cause is a blockage in the fuel supply line or in the fuel filter head. Another cause is a fuel tank cap which is not venting.

OP
OP
S

Smokybanks

An engine oil pressure sender will also casue the engine to shut down in 30 seconds. However, the hyd pressure or engine oil pressure fault should show up in your display lights by either illuminating the red charge pressure or red engine oil pressure lights.
Does your tachometer work on the instrument panel? If it is acting irractically you may have a problem with the alternator. The instrument panel needs to see a signal from the alt tach terminal. If it does not see this signal it will shut the engine down because it thinks the fan belt has broken.
A more likely cause is a blockage in the fuel supply line or in the fuel filter head. Another cause is a fuel tank cap which is not venting.
Mike. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.. I installed a new fuel. Filter and a new fuel tank cap. I have been using the 180 ls for over a week now and everything is working fine, guess I should change filter more often. Thanks again. Roger (smokybanks)

Latest posts