LS 170 Squaeling when lifting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ok I have this 2000 LS 170 that has 1040 hours I am new to it. Bought it at a auction the machine is great except when I lift the bucket full or empty there is sqeal noise.The fluids are full, the large filter was just changed out. So is there a hidden filter I missed or worse could it be my pump if so I would like to fix. Thanks Guys

skidsteer.ca

You say it makes no difference bucket full or empty, so I'm ruling out main relief pressure is to low. it does in fact lift the bucket either way?
Does the speed you run the engine affect the performance or noise?
Ken

Mike10

Did you grease your boom? You will get a squeal from the boom when the pivot points are dry.

r1200r rider

Did you grease your boom? You will get a squeal from the boom when the pivot points are dry.
Mine started to squeal as well. I greased all of the boom joints and then worked it up and down a few times, then greased the ones that were making the noise. Have someone help you locate the noisy joint because it's difficult to isolate the noise from inside the cab.

ECinc

My 2004 LS170 with 750 hours does the same thing. I really only notice it with a full bucket, probably because I just don't lift it up empty. When the bucket is full it squeels and almost struggles to get it the last 6" up. It is definitely not a joint squeeling.