LS 170 engine oil pressure warning light and beeping.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Eric the Red

Hi, I work at a farm and we have two New Holland LS 170 skid steers. One of them upon start up would beep and the oil pressure light would be illuminated, at first for a short period of time (longer when cold outside) and it would turn off after a few moments. Over this winter this time has gotten progressively longer to the point now where the light and beeping seemingly won't turn off.

I'm Wondering where I should start looking on this thing. How to check if it's a faulty sensor, or if I should be looking to the oil pump. Could the uptake be clogged.

Any pointers on where to start would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Next step, after what cdretc said above, would be to install a manual oil pressure gauge & compare readings to specifications.

OP
OP
Eric the Red

Eric the Red

Oil level is correct, it does seem to consume a bit of oil (maybe 2 qts between changes add 1/2 qt here and there). I gave it it's scheduled oil/ filter change recently, which had no effect on the sensor beeping.

nothingbutdarts Where would I install the manual pressure gauge? Would it go where the pressure sensor is installed?

Thank you

foton

Find the existing sensor undo it ( figure out what thread it is) put in a tee and add a mechanical gauge there. this can be temp. or perm. after getting reading. I think if not in the way of anything I would leave it as a quick reference point. get a filled gauge if possible they handle vibration better if mounted on engine.

Latest posts