Ls 160 counterweights

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

My 160 is rate 1500 lbs lift, but it has 4 suitcase weights mounted on the back, no where in the operators manual can I find mention of how much the roc is increased by the counterweights, (@ 240 lbs total, I believe)
Does anyone know what it should be rated now. Seems to me it should be close to the 1750 roc of my 773 g as far as machine size goes.
Thanks
Ken

charger

your right! nowhere in the literature or manuals lists the lifting capacity with weights, i e-mailed them and this was their response-1. LS 160 Sales literature lists the following: Manufacturer's Operating Load 1500 lbs (without weights and Load Decal in cab) SAE Operating Load 1750 lbs. No figures on the lift capacity with weights added. 2. Generally, the addition of the rear weight package is to "enhance loader stability" when moving heavier loads. It does not increase the lift capacity / rating.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

your right! nowhere in the literature or manuals lists the lifting capacity with weights, i e-mailed them and this was their response-1. LS 160 Sales literature lists the following: Manufacturer's Operating Load 1500 lbs (without weights and Load Decal in cab) SAE Operating Load 1750 lbs. No figures on the lift capacity with weights added. 2. Generally, the addition of the rear weight package is to "enhance loader stability" when moving heavier loads. It does not increase the lift capacity / rating.
I finely got around to picking up my manual today and i see that the sae load was higher at 1750.
bobcat adds 100 lbs for hanging 2 3/8 plate in the tailgate so that made me think maybe nh had a second rating as well. Oh well it does the job every bit as good. Thou this cold weather is causing some grief.
I'll start a new thread
Ken

Texas Skid NH

Each of the 4 weights weigh 60 lbs, so that's 240 lbs plus about 30 lbs for the brackets. That is a grand total of 270 lbs. The rule of thumb is your ROC is increased by half of what you put on the back. So in this instance, half of 270 is 135 lbs. So your LS 160 would increase from 1600 to 1735. Happy lifting.

Latest posts