Left Track won't move when machine warms up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jaysbobcat

Hi guys. I'm looking for some help on my 2005 t190. 2800 hrs. Problem is at idle the left track wants to move forward. And then when machine is reved up or machine is warmed up it don't move Any suggestions anyone? Thanks

mmsllc

If the problem only appears on one side of the machine, then it would make sense that the parking brake has released already, if applicable. Sounds like the hydraulic oil is thinning out once warmed up AND making your issue pretty common in the hydraulic world. Start by jacking the machine up & seeing if either track will freely rotate by hand. If the left rotates, but the right does not, then it is definitely isolated to the output of the left side of the machine. If it does not freely rotate, then your drive motor should be OK. Then, what I would do is install a pressure gauge to the left side pump & verify pressure. I would compare that pressure to the right side pump. If those numbers are no where close to each-other, then I would lean to a bad pump. If the pressures are close in numbers, then I would lean to a drive motor gone bad / bypassing inside of the motor, bad control valve OR a key way has sheared off the output shaft of the drive motor. I hope this gets you on the right 'track' of getting it figured out. (THE PUN WAS INTENEDED!! HA HA HA)

walio123

If your bobcat is hand/ foot controled try to make neutral linkage adjustment.Check for wear centering blocks, four pintle cams and pintles. Check brake. Also check tension on the track.If neutral adjustment is ok, brake is ok its probablly motor or pump problem.

7LBSSMALLIE

If your bobcat is hand/ foot controled try to make neutral linkage adjustment.Check for wear centering blocks, four pintle cams and pintles. Check brake. Also check tension on the track.If neutral adjustment is ok, brake is ok its probablly motor or pump problem.
instinct says drive motor puked. should be evident by external leakage. between hub and motor. outer brg seieze.... run it to long and trash will enterie sys. evidence should be found in casedrain filter. if that fileter has blown out.its all gone so A pull case drain filter inspect? post resulsts

mmsllc

instinct says drive motor puked. should be evident by external leakage. between hub and motor. outer brg seieze.... run it to long and trash will enterie sys. evidence should be found in casedrain filter. if that fileter has blown out.its all gone so A pull case drain filter inspect? post resulsts
Once you get it off, you should be able to rotate the motor by hand. If not able to, then it is messed up internally. At that point, you could also put on a set of gauges on the hoses to ensure the pump is in fact good. It cant hurt to have a double positive test result, especially before spending big money!! After repaired, it might be a good idea to replace your hydraulic filter. It can only help remove any trash from the system that might have gotten past those inline case drain filters.