L220 ISSUE

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Gabrielppreis

hey guys, Could you guy help me with mi L220 skid. My L220 has just 2.000 hours and it is giving a headache. When i work with it on rough works, carrying heavy material on bucket, or working with sweeper, after a 20 or 30 minutes, i see that temperature gauge goes to yellow part, almost on red part. and what wheels start to run so slow. The boom works fine, bus shows a error (4732) an ! on orange. After, i wait about 30 minutes, and then i run the machine again and then the machine could work well again. I have no idea how i could fix it, but im loosing too many opportunities. If someone could give me any help, i would appreciate. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
As the temperature is getting high, i'd like to clean any dirt in the radiator and oil cooler.
The other issue can be, a sweeper just makes fluid go round and round, it doesn't get a chance to go through the oil cooler, so heat builds up. I have heard of issues like this before, but unsure of if there was a cure for it.
Start with the radiator and oil coolers, be sure they are clean to help cool things as much as possible.

SkidRoe

Building on Tazza's response, is it the engine temperature or the hydraulic temperature that is going high? Sounds like hydraulic temperature.
What is the ambient temperature where you are?
I am unfamiliar with the L220 - does it have electric fans or mechanically driven fans? Are they running?
Also, is the bus error code only present during the overheat period, or is it present all the time?
Cheers - SR

flyerdan

Building on Tazza's response, is it the engine temperature or the hydraulic temperature that is going high? Sounds like hydraulic temperature.
What is the ambient temperature where you are?
I am unfamiliar with the L220 - does it have electric fans or mechanically driven fans? Are they running?
Also, is the bus error code only present during the overheat period, or is it present all the time?
Cheers - SR
A quick search of that number brings up a Fault Code Sheet , which indicates that it is a:

4732----ALL----Right Swash Plate Angle Sensor Pin A Shorted To Power----Amber

That probably has nothing to do with the overheating, but while you're in there cleaning the coolers check the wiring harnesses off the drive pumps, could be a bad connector or it's pinched somewhere.

OP
OP
Gabrielppreis

Gabrielppreis

A quick search of that number brings up a Fault Code Sheet , which indicates that it is a:

4732----ALL----Right Swash Plate Angle Sensor Pin A Shorted To Power----Amber

That probably has nothing to do with the overheating, but while you're in there cleaning the coolers check the wiring harnesses off the drive pumps, could be a bad connector or it's pinched somewhere.
Hey guys, I aprecciate all your help. Today, i cleaned the cooler engine and replace the freezing liquid. After that, i put again the machine to work, and after 25 minutes working, it gets the same error. Fault code 4732 shows panel, and the wheels almost stop working. The work has to stop and get back again after 30 minutes. I really don't know how could i fix it. but temperature is not going up, even the hydraulic temperature.

mllud

Hey guys, I aprecciate all your help. Today, i cleaned the cooler engine and replace the freezing liquid. After that, i put again the machine to work, and after 25 minutes working, it gets the same error. Fault code 4732 shows panel, and the wheels almost stop working. The work has to stop and get back again after 30 minutes. I really don't know how could i fix it. but temperature is not going up, even the hydraulic temperature.
The hydraulic oil filter has a bypass that opens if your filter gets too dirty. That could slow your flow. Dirty filter? I'm note sure what error code that is. Do you think your oil could be breaking down? Viscosity thinning

OP
OP
Gabrielppreis

Gabrielppreis

The hydraulic oil filter has a bypass that opens if your filter gets too dirty. That could slow your flow. Dirty filter? I'm note sure what error code that is. Do you think your oil could be breaking down? Viscosity thinning
hey guys. I just came to say thank you. the problem was a wire on te connector ow the right swashplate angle sensor. i called news holland and they check it by using EST. Thanks s much

SkidRoe

hey guys. I just came to say thank you. the problem was a wire on te connector ow the right swashplate angle sensor. i called news holland and they check it by using EST. Thanks s much
Glad you found the problem - thanks for the follow up!!
Cheers - SR