Keycode doesn't work all the time...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gtstang462002

From time to time my T300 won't take the unlock code. I punch the code in and hit enter and get nothing. When it does this I can't press the stop to shut it back off either. I go to the starter and jump the solenoid and I can usually enter the code to start it then. This has become a rather annoying issue, however I don't like not leaving the security disabled as I don't trust my neighbor as far as I can throw him... Anyone have any ideas?

Fishfiles

You could move and get a new neighbor , shell out the bucks and get a new panel or wire in a hidden toggle switch that will disable the machine from starting and leave it in the unlocked position ---------------- when you put in the code is it accepting all the numbers , is an asteric going up in the display when each number is being hit , if one of the number keys is not working and you have the master code and are lucky enough that the master doesn't use the number key that is bad then you can either use the master code or go in and change the code to something that doesn't use that key -----I see alot of people make the mistake of using a code like 5555 which wears out the 5 a lot faster then if you used four different keys for the code

OP
OP
G

gtstang462002

You could move and get a new neighbor , shell out the bucks and get a new panel or wire in a hidden toggle switch that will disable the machine from starting and leave it in the unlocked position ---------------- when you put in the code is it accepting all the numbers , is an asteric going up in the display when each number is being hit , if one of the number keys is not working and you have the master code and are lucky enough that the master doesn't use the number key that is bad then you can either use the master code or go in and change the code to something that doesn't use that key -----I see alot of people make the mistake of using a code like 5555 which wears out the 5 a lot faster then if you used four different keys for the code
An asterick goes on the screen with every button pushed. I have multiple codes programmed so that in the event that one of the buttons stops working I can still unlock the machine. It acts like the enter key isn't working, yet when I turn the lock off the button works every time. There are also times when this starts acting up that the stop button won't turn the panel back off. My neighbor got evicted so it isn't as much of an issue now, but I would still like to be able to use this feature.