Bobcat T 300 right reverse not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

2stroke

Hello I'm new to the forum , in need of some expertise. I have an 07 t 300 a.c. Cab 2050 hrs SJC won't go in right reverse ,sort of lurches in reverse intermittently once warmed up seems to get worse . It moves forward just fine in both directions . I capped the hydro stat and ran in reverse stalled the engine so I'm thinking it isn't the pump . Did a case drain flow check and looks normal for the hrs not different from the left side so I'm thinking electrical ? Maybe low voltage ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

flyerdan

I moved this to the CTL forum where it's more likely to be seen by those in the know about this and trimmed the other thread so you'll get replies here.
As mentioned before, I'd recommend grabbing the T300 book from the manual thread and read the troubleshooting guide, it might be relatively simple to solve.

Bswwood

I do not think its electrical because the electrical works the pumps, not the motors, and you were able to stall the engine with pumps capped. What did you find in the case drain filters?

OP
OP

2stroke

I do not think its electrical because the electrical works the pumps, not the motors, and you were able to stall the engine with pumps capped. What did you find in the case drain filters?
You're probably correct , I talked to a tech at final drive parts it seems as though the drive motor brake system is to blame I took the motor down and saw that the clutch pack or brake disc pack had a shiny look and some ridges in the discs . Looks like rust around the piston seal which maybe cause the Belleville cup to not fully release the brake ? Which would explain the intermittent lurching . Hopefully I didn't jump the gun on ordering drives but I figured the hours on the machine it maybe due for drives anyway

OP
OP

2stroke

To answer what I found in case drain was about three or four little flakes of brass Which I know is maybe indicative of pump issues however I did not some wear on the brass bushing on the brake shaft

OP
OP

2stroke

To answer what I found in case drain was about three or four little flakes of brass Which I know is maybe indicative of pump issues however I did not some wear on the brass bushing on the brake shaft
Update ... I have installed the new drive motor , appears that the problem is solved

OP
OP

2stroke

Ran machine for about an hour and back to same problem once the fluid warmed up seems to be doing it again . Tech at final drive parts says sounds like charge pump anyone ever done a charge pump while still in machine ? Is it possible ?

biggie

Ran machine for about an hour and back to same problem once the fluid warmed up seems to be doing it again . Tech at final drive parts says sounds like charge pump anyone ever done a charge pump while still in machine ? Is it possible ?
I don't think it's a charge pump issue, you would get "Codes" for that. I'm thinking, it could be a drive relief valve. On a SJC machine, there's 4 of them. 2 forward and 2 reverse. They all are the same valves, so you could swap them to diagnose this.

mattyb33

I don't think it's a charge pump issue, you would get "Codes" for that. I'm thinking, it could be a drive relief valve. On a SJC machine, there's 4 of them. 2 forward and 2 reverse. They all are the same valves, so you could swap them to diagnose this.
Hello I'm having the same problem as this guy. Do you know where the drive relief valves are. I'd like to try and swap them too see if that will fix it