John Deere 325 skid steer 2005 problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobmastine

Parked my skid and everything was working, started it up detached the bucket and went to back up and nothing. Checked fuses and relays all ok is it possibe the senoid isn't opening the valve or could the pump let go just like that.

Bobcatdan

Does the engine load down like it is trying? If you have a load when trying then I would say safety. No load I would guess the lovejoy coupler blew out. Lift/ tilt work?

OP
OP
B

bobmastine

Does the engine load down like it is trying? If you have a load when trying then I would say safety. No load I would guess the lovejoy coupler blew out. Lift/ tilt work?
No load, I can start it, runs fine, lift/tilt works normally but arms don't lock for forward & reverse. Normally you feel the load when I push the park release not now and going through the trouble codes it stays off, I can push the switch and it will say on but as soon as I release it returns to off, all other codes are working. changed the fuse block for steering levers hoping for a easy fix but no.

Bobcatdan

No load, I can start it, runs fine, lift/tilt works normally but arms don't lock for forward & reverse. Normally you feel the load when I push the park release not now and going through the trouble codes it stays off, I can push the switch and it will say on but as soon as I release it returns to off, all other codes are working. changed the fuse block for steering levers hoping for a easy fix but no.
If lift and tilt work fine, the coupler is fine. Moving the sticks should load either load the engine or it should move. Nothing disengage the drive, the pump and motors will always works. The machine is stoped by the brakes, spring applied, hydraulic applied. So if there was a safty switch problem, the brakes wouldn't release. I hate to say it, but if the hydro doesn't to or try to do anything, it is probalby toast.

OP
OP
B

bobmastine

If lift and tilt work fine, the coupler is fine. Moving the sticks should load either load the engine or it should move. Nothing disengage the drive, the pump and motors will always works. The machine is stoped by the brakes, spring applied, hydraulic applied. So if there was a safty switch problem, the brakes wouldn't release. I hate to say it, but if the hydro doesn't to or try to do anything, it is probalby toast.
Had that feeling but with 2600hrs I was hoping otherwise, only put 100 - 150hrs per year around the farm but so handy. Bought staight from J.D. used with 1950hrs on it but I believe it came from a construction company so it could of had a rough few years. Any ideas to where to get the right repair manual, this certainly isn't in the budget plan. Could the pump be rebuilt.

Bobcatdan

Had that feeling but with 2600hrs I was hoping otherwise, only put 100 - 150hrs per year around the farm but so handy. Bought staight from J.D. used with 1950hrs on it but I believe it came from a construction company so it could of had a rough few years. Any ideas to where to get the right repair manual, this certainly isn't in the budget plan. Could the pump be rebuilt.
I think the pumps are sauder danfoss, but I don't remeber for sure. Either way Deere didn't built the pump. Find the tag on the pump and check with hydraulic shops to see what can be done with it. When I worked on Deere, it normally was cheaper to just yank and replace. Before tearing it apart, have somebody vary for sure it is the hydro or as Deere calls it, the tandem pump.

Latest posts