2005 john deere 250,

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tractormech

I have this 2005 john deere 250 ,and the seatbelt light ,and parking break light is on costently,but when you start it up ,it will move around with parking break on ,and the boom wont go up
Before the problem started-when the seatbelt and parking brake light were on would it not move and the boom would not operate? I'm not a John Deere guy but if it started moving with the lights on I'd get a test light and see if there was power going to the park brake solenoid. It shouldn't move if it's locked out. If theres power still there you may have an electronic issue in your computer board if it has one. Also check voltage on the boom solenoid valve- apparently it has that too. It's just odd that it travels but won't boom. There may be relays for each function. I don't know without a wiring schematic. Check all the fuses first. And a New Holland has a service/run switch. If the seatbelt or operator presence switch (seat switch) goes bad you can flip the switch and it will start and move but the boom is locked out. Check your machine and see if theres a switch. Sorry I cant tell you exactly what's wrong but you have to hunt it down.

OP
OP
G

geno marino

I have another thought. In the top two positions in the fuse box the fuses look different. They are not fuses even though they look like them. They are diodes, they only allow the electricity to flow one way. If they are put in backwards or are bad then the computer will not allow some of the functions to work. Instead of the amps they just have arrows on the top. The arrows point in. I had a problem with a 318 I picked up. Someone had decided they were bad and had replaced them with fuses. Easy to check them, just use a multimeter. You should get no continuity one way and continuity the other.
Thanks for the addvice ill keep this so 8 can read it again when the times right thanks again 1197

Dave J

Do you have a door? I believe you will find the seat belt light, park brake and open door safety switches are on the same circuit. There is probably a fault in that circuit that is keeping the lights on and stopping the boom from working. Found a broken wire on a friends machine that had this problem.

Chris 8603

I sounds like it's a temp thing more than anything else. You have a sensor or wire connection that is not making good connection when it got colder. It's also possible from what you are saying that it also could be a control board issue that colder weather has affected. You need to fund you a wiring diagram and start bypassing or testing all your lockout sensors and checking the circuit for each back to thr control board. Also check each solenoid to make sure they have power, if so one may be bad. Sorry there is no simple answer for your issue. Wiring and sensors will drive you crazy.

Rebel

I have a similar problem with my 2001 JD 250, Several people have mentioned using a wiring diagram to help diagnose the problem, does anyone have one or know where to get a shop manual? I have been trying to buy one for years, JD wont sell me one.

SkidTracks

Symptoms are:
Park Brake light is on and Seat Belt light is on.
Machine will move (forward / backward).
Lift Arms will not go up or down.
Happened after getting cold
?

Going by service manual, not experience..., see pages 4-49 thru 4-55

Make sure battery voltage is above 11.8vdc. Doesn't drop off with slight load like headlights.

Check Black wire (128) connecting to Terminal C of Instrument Cluster has less than 0.1 Ohm resistance when off. I would make sure there is virtually no voltage read between Terminal C to ground when on.

Check connector of Instrument Cluster, one of few places where there appears to be commonality of all wires.

Seat switch and Seat belt switch have two different wires Pink (800) & Dark-Green (802) going into Instrument Cluster. Common points for Seat switch and Seat belt switch is Fuse (F2) and Red Wire (231).

Park brake switch feeds into Instrument Cluster with Purple/White wire (725).

Park Brake solenoid Purple (730) connects to Instrument Cluster.

Bucket Lock solenoid Purple/Back (741) and Boom Lock solenoid Purple/Black (742) join together with Purple/Black wire (740) going to Instrument Cluster.

Hope this is of some help.

CLC

I have a similar problem with my 2001 JD 250, Several people have mentioned using a wiring diagram to help diagnose the problem, does anyone have one or know where to get a shop manual? I have been trying to buy one for years, JD wont sell me one.
Good morning
I donot have any experience with JD 250

Latest posts