2005 john deere 250,

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

geno marino

I have this 2005 john deere 250 ,and the seatbelt light ,and parking break light is on costently,but when you start it up ,it will move around with parking break on ,and the boom wont go up

kaptain

Possibly wiring short somewhere, try to blow the wiring harness, fuse box and relay seats with a heat gun gently to remove the moisture, then try it again to see if the problem is gone or not,

I am not totally familiar with the model 250 you have...I have a CT322 that is roughly the same age as your machine.
Does your machine have a pull lever in about the same location as a hood release would be if you were sitting in the cab of a pickup truck? If so, my only suggestion would be to follow that cable down to the valve body and make sure that nothing is interferring with the solenoid that the cable serves to override.

This may be chasing a wild rabbit, but it is the only suggestion that I have.

mike_belben

If there is a removeable panel under your feet, pop it out and look for the hydraulic control valve for the loader. See if there are two little solenoids that thread in as spool blockers so that you cannot move the boom or curl until whatever logic controller is happy that you are strapped in.

On my fathers new holland Ls170 they were always wonky and we simply removed them. If i recall correctly i plugged them with SAE O ring standard plugs.

haymaker

Sounds like kaptain has a good place to start. Check to be sure the fuses are all seated with no corrosion, battery and ground connections are all clean and good. Could also be a bad solenoid or relay but hard to determine.
Darn electrical problems are very hard to trace.

Jrmass

I have a GEHL Mustang. I had issues with the parking brake not releasing as well as the seatbelt sensor always in warning. I replaced the control module to correct the parking brake issue. I ended up direct wiring the sensor after I replaced the seat to bypass that issue. I'm not sure if this helps, but it may give you some options to pursue at the very least.

Novasmithjohn

Sorry I can't help. My bobcat was manufactured before they had to have all those sensor. Just a guess the cold may have caused them to go out of adjustment?

RustyNutz1953

I agree with Kaptain's and Jrmass theory's and I've used both methods on units that I have worked on of folks. I currently own one of the OLD 675B units which does what I need around my property without all of the electronic bells and whistles.

I will be curious to know what the repair involved.
Good Luck

wings5j

Geno, you have mentioned three issues that seem related (seat belt warning, parking brake warning, and a boom that won't go up). You also mentioned that the machine moves with the parking brake on. As was mentioned, the boom issue is most likely related to the seat belt warning and is a safety lockout because it thinks you are not strapped in.

I believe it would be worthwhile to troubleshoot the parking brake system for both wear and proper adjustment and then address the warning system.

If the whole issues is temperature/moisture related you will most likely need to track down the relay that has been compromised and possibly replace it. My best advice is to obtain the service manual for your machine as well as a parts book as you will find those invaluable in troubleshooting this and other problems in the future.

Hopefully someone on the forum with John Deere experience will help you track this down. Best of luck.

John

edoogma

If there is a removeable panel under your feet, pop it out and look for the hydraulic control valve for the loader. See if there are two little solenoids that thread in as spool blockers so that you cannot move the boom or curl until whatever logic controller is happy that you are strapped in.

On my fathers new holland Ls170 they were always wonky and we simply removed them. If i recall correctly i plugged them with SAE O ring standard plugs.
I agree with this. Also locate and clean the ground wires at their connection to the frame.

Stevo3556

Good Morning Geno and all.

Sounds like great advice to far to me. I also don't have a JD skid steer, so just in general I would trace the wires and see what the two have in common since the issue started with both the seatbelt and parking brake at the same time. If it were just one, I would override the switch by closing the circuit and see if that fixed it. Since it has gotten cold my archenemy, mice and squirrels, have been looking for homes. I would have a look at the wiring harness and see if a critter has chewed through that wire bundle.

I have a good relationship with my JD AG dealer and my Cat dealer. I would call them and see if they regularly see an issue with something that causes both of these issues that you are having. As suggested before, they might be on the same circuit and it could just be a fuse, or some corrosion causing and open on the circuit.

Hope you have a warm clean place to complete your inspection!

Sorry I could not help more. Good luck finding hopefully and easy cheap solution.

Steve

mark48

Start with the wiring diagram and see what else may be in the circuit. As others have commented the problem probably arises because of bad ground or loose/contaminated connection

Markle

I'm a bobcat guy, but it sure sounds like the seat safety belt sensor and or park sensor is not responding…thinking seat is empty, belt not latched. That's where I would start. Check sensors and all wiring for them back to controller. Check connections at computer/controller if you have one. Can you then reset your computer/controller?

again…no JD here…just trying to help.

ljbshop

I'll share my thoughts based on my experiences. Not all on JD, so take it with a grain of salt.

When the interlocks won't unlock when it gets cold. I have frequently found ice under the seat sensor. The manchine thinks you are not in the seat and will not unlock the park brake and lift arms.

When the park brake should be on, but the machine drives anyway, the park brake is probably tore out.

This combination is hard to catch because you never check if the park break actually works, then when the interlocks apply it and it doesn't, it is very confusing.

In short, you may have 2 problems. So get the interlock lights to go out. Fix that first. And then see if you can drive it when the parking break is applied.

mpoore

Troubleshooting without a wiring diagram is difficult. It sounds like you think it is temperature related. If it cannot be moved into a heated building, then try to warm it where it is. Throw a tarp over it and let it idle. If this is an air cooled engine you will need to be careful it does not overheat. You obviously need to vent the exhaust. Maybe you can raise the temp above freezing from the engine heat. Another option is a kerosene heater.

laurencen

my older deere skidsteer does not have a electronic brake function old enough to have the lever but the issue of lift, tilt locks out if the seatbelt is undone and re connected when its running, the drive still worked, only way to reset is shut machine down, undo belt, redo belt and start it up, it will not start with seatbelt undone.

several years ago has a bad connection on the seatbelt connector, when running around on rough surfaces it would suddenly stop all functions but I could still drive around, maybe check the seatbelt connections and wires.

goldhunter_2

my bobcat 943 is a older machine so I don't have to deal with any of those electrical ghost like you are , but sounds like jrmass and some of the others have pointed you in the right direction. I had a buddy just bypass the hole computer system on his bobact runs fine now

Latest posts