I cannot find parts I need---help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I searched the web and cannot locate items for fabricating...
I picked up some grapple arms and I need weld on 3/8 gussets with 1'' hole so I can attach to my bucket.
I also need weld on bushings with pins and grease fittings if possible. I have a three point hitch post driver that I'm adapting to my bobcat.
If you know of a supplier that has these parts, I would appreciate you forwarding me the contact name or number.
Thanks

jerry

perry, if there is not a local shop contact Two Harbors Machine Shop in Two Harbors Mn. they can do it. All you need is for some one to shear and drill the gussets and the retainers, bushings and pins should be off the shelf things for most shops that build grapples and cylinders and such.

OP
OP
P

perry

perry, if there is not a local shop contact Two Harbors Machine Shop in Two Harbors Mn. they can do it. All you need is for some one to shear and drill the gussets and the retainers, bushings and pins should be off the shelf things for most shops that build grapples and cylinders and such.
I thought about calling one of the shops that make grapples, I'll do that today. I also called around looking for a company that had one of the heavy duty shears and I'm still looking?.
Thanks

skidsteer.ca

I thought about calling one of the shops that make grapples, I'll do that today. I also called around looking for a company that had one of the heavy duty shears and I'm still looking?.
Thanks
Perry
For hardend steel bushings Tympkin and other bearing suppliers make them to fit standard pin diameters say 1.5" bore 2" od. Use "self aligning" bushings if you need your pine to go through more then two bosses. Weld in pin bosses can be machined anywhere there is a metal lathe and I sure places like two harbors keep them on the shelf in common sizes. Pins also should be available off the shelf and in custom configurations depending on your needs. Look for any shop that does custom metal fabrication and they should be able to help. Two harbors builds (or machines to build??) the Serco brand "knuckle boom" log loaders so the build a pile of cylinders and work with pins and weld in bosses all day long. I'm sure there are many more companys out there.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
For hardend steel bushings Tympkin and other bearing suppliers make them to fit standard pin diameters say 1.5" bore 2" od. Use "self aligning" bushings if you need your pine to go through more then two bosses. Weld in pin bosses can be machined anywhere there is a metal lathe and I sure places like two harbors keep them on the shelf in common sizes. Pins also should be available off the shelf and in custom configurations depending on your needs. Look for any shop that does custom metal fabrication and they should be able to help. Two harbors builds (or machines to build??) the Serco brand "knuckle boom" log loaders so the build a pile of cylinders and work with pins and weld in bosses all day long. I'm sure there are many more companys out there.
Ken
I ran across something yesterday that could have many uses, Old hydraulic cylinders!, the pistons are hardened steel and the ends have pin adapters. I believe they will work.

sandhills-elect

I ran across something yesterday that could have many uses, Old hydraulic cylinders!, the pistons are hardened steel and the ends have pin adapters. I believe they will work.
Perry I did that i used old cyclinder rods for my pins on my backhoe worked great all i did was take them to a machine shop and they drilled holes in the ends and tapped them and i drilled little hole in the side of stock where i wanted grease to come out. Brent.