hydraulic couplers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kdmcon

Having a hell of a time getting one of my couplers on for my thumb. Dont ask why I had taken off because i dont even know. does anybody have any suggestions. I started the machine and toggled the aux pedal but still hard as hell to get on. Its a hitachi 27zxu if that helps. It might just need to people. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Fishfiles

It may be as simple as stored pressure in the attachnent and hoses from when it was taken off last , crack the connection on the attachent hose and retry.
could be the coupler is bad , full of dirt or rust.
I found on some machines that use electric over hydraulics, and don't have an aux release feature , to release the pressure on the aux you should not start the machine , turn the key on and energize the aux curcuit , then hit the activation button and it should release the pressure , it the machine is running when you do this it will just add more pressure .

skidsteer.ca

Do not start the machine. If you move the pedal with the engine running the line to the couplers will go to maximum pressures and the excess oil will be pushed over the relief valve. This senario pretty much garantees the couplers will be impossible to conect. When you go to remove your attachments, shut the engine down and go throught the same process b4 unhooking the couplers too.
Ken

OP
OP
K

kdmcon

Do not start the machine. If you move the pedal with the engine running the line to the couplers will go to maximum pressures and the excess oil will be pushed over the relief valve. This senario pretty much garantees the couplers will be impossible to conect. When you go to remove your attachments, shut the engine down and go throught the same process b4 unhooking the couplers too.
Ken
I almost got it by hand but the pressure was too hard. I ended up just disconnecting th coupler from the hose and drainning the fluid then put it all back together. Thanks for your help.