Bobcat X125 Mini Digger Hydraulic Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chris2006

Hi All I have an old Bobcat X125 mini digger which is doing its movements in slow motion Left to right is very slow and lifting the boom up and down is the same The digger will only work when the double speed pedal is pressed Would there be a faulty valve somewhere ?

Tazza

Staff member
Have you changed the filters? The fault seems to be common to both circuits. I'd suspect the drive system and hydraulics are different pumps, so the cause needs to be common to both pumps.
Start with the simple things.
Is the engine bogging down?

OP
OP
C

Chris2006

Have you changed the filters? The fault seems to be common to both circuits. I'd suspect the drive system and hydraulics are different pumps, so the cause needs to be common to both pumps.
Start with the simple things.
Is the engine bogging down?
Hi Tazza I finally managed to locate the filter inside the hydraulic oil tank which was badly blocked. Where the return filter should be theirs nothing there, its been removed by someone I cleaned the filter thats down inside the tank and refitted but the digger still does nothing until the double speed pedal is pressed slightly If the double speed pedal is pressed down full it bogs the engine down so much it nearly stalls

Tazza

Staff member
Hi Tazza I finally managed to locate the filter inside the hydraulic oil tank which was badly blocked. Where the return filter should be theirs nothing there, its been removed by someone I cleaned the filter thats down inside the tank and refitted but the digger still does nothing until the double speed pedal is pressed slightly If the double speed pedal is pressed down full it bogs the engine down so much it nearly stalls
I have never worked on one of those machines, so i really don't know where to look next, hopefully someone else will have more ideas.
Filters are always a good place to start, shame it was the cure in this case.

OP
OP
C

Chris2006

I have never worked on one of those machines, so i really don't know where to look next, hopefully someone else will have more ideas.
Filters are always a good place to start, shame it was the cure in this case.
Thanks for your help Tazza Does anyone have a service manual for a bobcat x125 ? I can only find one for the x325 which is slightly different

OP
OP
C

Chris2006

Thanks for your help Tazza Does anyone have a service manual for a bobcat x125 ? I can only find one for the x325 which is slightly different
Hi Tazza When the engine starts in bogging down, it will not rev until the hand controls are moved to release the pressure feels like the pump is under too much pressure The machine will go forward OK when both levers are pressed but when only one is pushed forward the track will barely move When the boom is being lowered its impossible to do it gently , goes down with a slam I can find information for the machine anywhere Bobcat X125S year 1996

walio123

Hi Tazza When the engine starts in bogging down, it will not rev until the hand controls are moved to release the pressure feels like the pump is under too much pressure The machine will go forward OK when both levers are pressed but when only one is pushed forward the track will barely move When the boom is being lowered its impossible to do it gently , goes down with a slam I can find information for the machine anywhere Bobcat X125S year 1996
Write an emajl. May a have manual for it It is zx 125?

walio123

Write an emajl. May a have manual for it It is zx 125?
Is it with mitsubishi engine? I ask this question to check if I have a service manual. Otherwise, the problem may be in swap hoses (perhaps boom hoses on valve body). Your main valve has an open center and it seems that the center is not open as soon as the engine loads so. It may be a problem in the valve itself. Check the valve plungers to stand in a neutral position. Try to move the joystick with one movement to find out in which direction it releases the pressure. If you have a pilot pressure, there may be a swappable hose also.

OP
OP
C

Chris2006

Is it with mitsubishi engine? I ask this question to check if I have a service manual. Otherwise, the problem may be in swap hoses (perhaps boom hoses on valve body). Your main valve has an open center and it seems that the center is not open as soon as the engine loads so. It may be a problem in the valve itself. Check the valve plungers to stand in a neutral position. Try to move the joystick with one movement to find out in which direction it releases the pressure. If you have a pilot pressure, there may be a swappable hose also.
Hi walio123 I have sent you mail to show the engine

walio123

Hi walio123 I have sent you mail to show the engine
It sounds like a really changed hose or a non-working discharge valve. It is likely that hoses are exchanged. Your machine has three gear pump sections. First and middle one from flywhell housing are for work, last one is for pilot pressure. The pressure hose from the pilot pressure pump passes first through a pilot filter. From the filter, the hose goes into the locking valve (it is retained by the lever under the left joystick) .Three more hoses come out of the locking valve. One goes to the right joystick must be attached to port P , the other to the left joystick port P, the third goes to the unloading valve. Through the unloading valve, the oil flows into the reservoir.Here may be swapped hoses /on jostick ports or valve ports/, or relief valve is stuck.Start from these things.

OP
OP
C

Chris2006

It sounds like a really changed hose or a non-working discharge valve. It is likely that hoses are exchanged. Your machine has three gear pump sections. First and middle one from flywhell housing are for work, last one is for pilot pressure. The pressure hose from the pilot pressure pump passes first through a pilot filter. From the filter, the hose goes into the locking valve (it is retained by the lever under the left joystick) .Three more hoses come out of the locking valve. One goes to the right joystick must be attached to port P , the other to the left joystick port P, the third goes to the unloading valve. Through the unloading valve, the oil flows into the reservoir.Here may be swapped hoses /on jostick ports or valve ports/, or relief valve is stuck.Start from these things.
Hi walio123

Latest posts