how many hours can one expect from an engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

h-m

i know this is subjective, but when i go looking for a bigger machine, what could one expect for hours on an engine before i will need to pull it apart? looking at S250 2,000 hours on one, 3,300 on one, 3,000 on another one. same would go for an 873 also, 3,400 hours on them right in that ball park. what kind of life can i expect from the kubota diesels or the deutz diesel if i find a little older one? can you guys get 6K hours on them? i see them out there with 5, 6 or 7,000 hours on them, is that realistic? providing oil was changed and airfilters etc, is it expected that one would get 6,000 hours on a motor before you should have to do a major? thanks all. micheal

OP
OP
h-m

h-m

hello all, i finally found my answers. depends....... right? i searched and didn't find anything and then after i posted i found some old threads talking about the subject. seems like 6k is doable if they are tended to nicely and 1200 could mean engines and motors if abused etc. thanks all micheal

reaperman

hello all, i finally found my answers. depends....... right? i searched and didn't find anything and then after i posted i found some old threads talking about the subject. seems like 6k is doable if they are tended to nicely and 1200 could mean engines and motors if abused etc. thanks all micheal
"27k hours is very impressive. I've seen a few bobcats go over 30k. At work we have a S220 that should hit 20K any time now. Only thing major on that was drive motors at 14k. Went all out doing chains and bearings on it" Above is a reply to a post from a member and bobcat tech last year. But like you said, it depends.