How many bolts hold the Mitsubishi engine to the body

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Reds Skid Steers

I can only find two bolts for the engine mounts on a 742b Bobcat Mitsubishi engine. Are there 2 bolts only or 4 bolts holding the engine to the engine mounts?

gearbox

Its been a while since I pulled one . I'm pretty sure there are 4 . I just remember it took less than 2 hours to pull it .

OP
OP
R

Reds Skid Steers

Hi brdgbldr,
I used my book but it only states remove the engine mount bolts and show them taking one out from the (side where you open the door) of the engine. It doesn't say anything else about how many bolts there are. I'm going to call Bobcat tomorrow. Thanks. I also believe there is no key to the flange connection to the shaft. I think it just slides off of the shaft?

dfb

I just checked my 742B and looked it up in the parts catalog. The pulley end of the engine bracket is attached with 2 bolts to a plate referred to as a Counterweight in the parts catalog. The "Counterweight" is attached to the plate called the "Mount" that attaches to the body with 4 bolts and "Damper Vibration". The parts catalog only shows the 2 bolts on the door hinge{RH} side of the machine. All 4 of the bolts are visible and accessible on my machine. Removing 4 those would allow movement{sliding around} of the entire engine assembly and one to scoot it out the back far enough to be able to lift it up and away..that's how I would do it.

OP
OP
R

Reds Skid Steers

dfb. Awesome. Thanks. Now I have to keep digging in the oil and dirt thats in my machine. It's so packed at the back that I can't see the bolts. I tried digging but found nothing. Now I know there is some bolts. The book is pretty worthless when it comes to finding those bolts. I looked up some diagram websites and they don't even really show the bolts. Thanks much for responding. I'm going to go start digging again. I was stuck (momentarily stopped) so bad late this summer it took us a whole day to get it out. So, I deserve what I get. Lol. My kids and brothers love to tease me about getting stuck. And I have tracks on. I just laugh and tell them, "I'm not stuck, I'm momentarily stopped"!

OP
OP
R

Reds Skid Steers

Engine is out!

Attachments

• 20230315_164442.jpg
    20230315_164442.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 69