High Flow Upgrade

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

500K_773

My 773 Turbo (now the S185) is a standard flow unit. There are some attachments that I would like to run that would perform better with the High Flow option and a couple that require high flow. What would it take to upgrade my machine to High Flow? Is it just a matter of changing the pump out? Is there additional plumbing needed? I saw a NEW high flow pump for a 873 model on eBay a couple of months ago for about $350. Does this sound about right for a high flow pump or should I expect much more?

Team Fountain

I'm very curious about this myself. When I asked my dealer about the upgrade, they simply said 'forget about it.' They said it with a Jersey accent, so I don't know what to think.

OP
OP
500K_773

500K_773

I'm very curious about this myself. When I asked my dealer about the upgrade, they simply said 'forget about it.' They said it with a Jersey accent, so I don't know what to think.
Talked to the salesman at the dealer today. He also said it was not possible. He couldn't state why, just that I couldn't. I don't understand what would prevent the upgrade, shouldn't it just be the pump?

Team Fountain

Talked to the salesman at the dealer today. He also said it was not possible. He couldn't state why, just that I couldn't. I don't understand what would prevent the upgrade, shouldn't it just be the pump?
Well, I would think its a lot more than the pump. But I also think it would be possible. The control wiring is probably already there - but maybe not. Hoses may have to be larger to handle the extra flow. Somebody will have the answers.

OP
OP
500K_773

500K_773

Well, I would think its a lot more than the pump. But I also think it would be possible. The control wiring is probably already there - but maybe not. Hoses may have to be larger to handle the extra flow. Somebody will have the answers.
Spoke with somebody from Bobcat yesterday and found out that the upgrade could be performed. He stated that it may not be very cost effective though. He estimated that the parts would cost about $2500 and would take a lot of labor to install. Bobcat does not make a High-Flow upgrade kit because of this reason. I would have to remove the engine, replace the pump, distribution manifold on the right frame rail, and the lines.
If I was to upgrade, he also stated that I may be dissapointed by the performance. The high flow pump would take all of the power from the engine and would leave little for skidsteer operations. My 773T has 56 HP and he recommended at least 75 HP for high flow operations.
I don't think I will be following up on this upgrade for my machine, I'll just wait and get the High-Flow option in my next machine.

OP
OP
500K_773

500K_773

Spoke with somebody from Bobcat yesterday and found out that the upgrade could be performed. He stated that it may not be very cost effective though. He estimated that the parts would cost about $2500 and would take a lot of labor to install. Bobcat does not make a High-Flow upgrade kit because of this reason. I would have to remove the engine, replace the pump, distribution manifold on the right frame rail, and the lines.
If I was to upgrade, he also stated that I may be dissapointed by the performance. The high flow pump would take all of the power from the engine and would leave little for skidsteer operations. My 773T has 56 HP and he recommended at least 75 HP for high flow operations.
I don't think I will be following up on this upgrade for my machine, I'll just wait and get the High-Flow option in my next machine.
That's very interesting, considering that it's possible to purchase a normal S185H (which only has 56 horse). But I would tend to agree. Wait for a new model that does have a bit more power before you push a risky investment.