Hi-Flow Conversion

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jerry

So far the estimat in parts is $4000. The question is now with the cooling upgrade. There is a serial number break between years. With the cooling upgrade, will the matching parts go with the original serial number break or will the cooling upgrade be the new style of cooling parts. SN53991136*
Sam, I doubt that you will double the splitter speed unless you increase your hose size ,cylinder porting and the valve body to handle the increased volume of oil. Otherwise you will generate a lot of heat and gain very little. If you can try the splitter on a machine with high flow first even if you have to rent it it will help you decide.

sam-tip

Sam, I doubt that you will double the splitter speed unless you increase your hose size ,cylinder porting and the valve body to handle the increased volume of oil. Otherwise you will generate a lot of heat and gain very little. If you can try the splitter on a machine with high flow first even if you have to rent it it will help you decide.
Already running 3/4" hose and fittings. Not cheap either. My toolcat has high flow and yes it makes a difference in speed. I am an engineer so I look forward to the challenge of figuring out how to adapting to high flow. The figuring it out and then doing it is the fun. Not worried about the cost. Then I can flip off the sales guys wanting me to trade.

SkidRoe

Already running 3/4" hose and fittings. Not cheap either. My toolcat has high flow and yes it makes a difference in speed. I am an engineer so I look forward to the challenge of figuring out how to adapting to high flow. The figuring it out and then doing it is the fun. Not worried about the cost. Then I can flip off the sales guys wanting me to trade.
You are a sick puppy - I like it!!! LoL

Bobcatdan

You are a sick puppy - I like it!!! LoL
To Skidroe, our offical option on this matter is it a giant waste of time to convert a machine to highflow. Bobcat flat out discourages it also. For the guy with to much time and money, sure anything can be done. We have turn down several request from paying customers to do it. As to the guy with the A300, 90% of all the A300s I see are factory highflow with stds being the odd ball. I would think you could find a used highflow machine cheaper then trading off a brand new A770.

SkidRoe

To Skidroe, our offical option on this matter is it a giant waste of time to convert a machine to highflow. Bobcat flat out discourages it also. For the guy with to much time and money, sure anything can be done. We have turn down several request from paying customers to do it. As to the guy with the A300, 90% of all the A300s I see are factory highflow with stds being the odd ball. I would think you could find a used highflow machine cheaper then trading off a brand new A770.
Hey Dan, no worries, just yanking your chain. We have corporate policies to, and I have authority issues!! Cheers!!

Fishfiles

I figured the same. There are some topic that just annoy me and this is one. Prost!
I agree with you on convert a machine to high flow as being a waste of time and money , but strongly disagree with new A770 Bobcat as being a good choice , sure it would be good for you working at a dealership as you would have a lot of work lined up in the future , but for an owner it would be a nightmare , I been a heavy equippment mechanic for 37 years now , was the service manager of a equipment rental house for 12 years that deal with nothing but Bobcat , and watched Bobcat progress , seems to me that they are not owner friendly or reliable as they use to be , ------ too many wires , too many controllers , too much software , too much unneeded stuff to go out , too many unnessecary trips to the dealer for software updates and controller problems , Doosan/ Bobcat's fly by wire is not the way to go , if you must have a new Bobcat then get an extra one for your fleet to have a swop out for the one going into the shop ----- the Kubota is really taking hold in this area , much stronger , better visibility , cheaper cost to buy and a whole lot easier to work on , as far as I am concerned Takeuchi ( which is also the Mustang/Geil) makes the best , bullet proof , low shop time tracked loader out there right now , but it doesn't come high flow , and joy stick controlls turn a lot of people away from it as far as operation goes , but the low over high pressure joystick controll is much more reliable and easy to mantain than wired controlled ----------- new Bobcats are over priced and will leave you sitting on a job without a machine and cost you a lot more dollars per hour of use in the end ---------- just my opinion

Bobcatdan

I agree with you on convert a machine to high flow as being a waste of time and money , but strongly disagree with new A770 Bobcat as being a good choice , sure it would be good for you working at a dealership as you would have a lot of work lined up in the future , but for an owner it would be a nightmare , I been a heavy equippment mechanic for 37 years now , was the service manager of a equipment rental house for 12 years that deal with nothing but Bobcat , and watched Bobcat progress , seems to me that they are not owner friendly or reliable as they use to be , ------ too many wires , too many controllers , too much software , too much unneeded stuff to go out , too many unnessecary trips to the dealer for software updates and controller problems , Doosan/ Bobcat's fly by wire is not the way to go , if you must have a new Bobcat then get an extra one for your fleet to have a swop out for the one going into the shop ----- the Kubota is really taking hold in this area , much stronger , better visibility , cheaper cost to buy and a whole lot easier to work on , as far as I am concerned Takeuchi ( which is also the Mustang/Geil) makes the best , bullet proof , low shop time tracked loader out there right now , but it doesn't come high flow , and joy stick controlls turn a lot of people away from it as far as operation goes , but the low over high pressure joystick controll is much more reliable and easy to mantain than wired controlled ----------- new Bobcats are over priced and will leave you sitting on a job without a machine and cost you a lot more dollars per hour of use in the end ---------- just my opinion
Inerds wise, the new m series like the A770 are basically the same as the older k series machines. They have actually cleaned up a lot of the hydraulic plumbing for a less crowded mess under the cab. SJC are very reliable. Tier 4 engines coming on the large frames may be a headache, but every company has to put up with it, not just bobcat. With exception of taking the steer councel out, which I don't think many people do, so far the m seires are easier to work on then the old ones. I would work on an electrical problem on a new machine before doing anything on a 743, those things are pain in the butts.

SkidRoe

Inerds wise, the new m series like the A770 are basically the same as the older k series machines. They have actually cleaned up a lot of the hydraulic plumbing for a less crowded mess under the cab. SJC are very reliable. Tier 4 engines coming on the large frames may be a headache, but every company has to put up with it, not just bobcat. With exception of taking the steer councel out, which I don't think many people do, so far the m seires are easier to work on then the old ones. I would work on an electrical problem on a new machine before doing anything on a 743, those things are pain in the butts.
My humble opinion:
There should always be an all-mechanical option available for owners that want it, unless there are legitamite safety or legal reasons for not offering it. Tier 4 emissions and BICS are two examples of this. Beyond that, KISS!!
My old 440B still has the factory decal on it from 1992 stating that Bobcat is America's Best Skidsteer. I agree with that. Other than the motor wearing out, the rest of the machine is indestructable. If it is the best, why mess with it??
- My $0.02.

mahans7

My humble opinion:
There should always be an all-mechanical option available for owners that want it, unless there are legitamite safety or legal reasons for not offering it. Tier 4 emissions and BICS are two examples of this. Beyond that, KISS!!
My old 440B still has the factory decal on it from 1992 stating that Bobcat is America's Best Skidsteer. I agree with that. Other than the motor wearing out, the rest of the machine is indestructable. If it is the best, why mess with it??
- My $0.02.
Well that is encouraging. If a 743 is a pain to work on(which is what I have) and the newer machines with all the electronics are easier to work on then I'm gonna have it made one day if I upgrade since the 743 hasn't been terrible to work on so far.

Fishfiles

Well that is encouraging. If a 743 is a pain to work on(which is what I have) and the newer machines with all the electronics are easier to work on then I'm gonna have it made one day if I upgrade since the 743 hasn't been terrible to work on so far.
Skidroe , have you noticed Bobcat quit puttting the " America's Best Skidsteer loader " decals on thier machines some time ago when Ingersol Ryann was still the owner , I had heard they were sued about that sticker , it should read more like "Partially Assemblied In America " -----Bobcat is owned by the South Koreans , the name of the company is Doosan of South Korea

SkidRoe

Skidroe , have you noticed Bobcat quit puttting the " America's Best Skidsteer loader " decals on thier machines some time ago when Ingersol Ryann was still the owner , I had heard they were sued about that sticker , it should read more like "Partially Assemblied In America " -----Bobcat is owned by the South Koreans , the name of the company is Doosan of South Korea
Hey Fishfiles, yeah, I know. Such is the way of the world... I guess. Asian parts are slowly but surely finding their way on to my machine, and it feels like a mixed blessing to me. They are extremely economically priced, and the quality is pretty good. The downside is the lost market share to an emerging power. Here in North America, we are going to have to change our business strategies to stay viable. I think we still have a niche and talents to offer, but our manufacturing base is going to continue to decline. We are going to have to accept and attempt to collaborate with these countries to prevent ourselves from becoming irrelevant. The company that I work for has been working very hard to penetrate these markets and partner with them, before our products are just flat out copied by them with no recourse or revenue. Yup, the times they are a changing.

sam-tip

Hey Fishfiles, yeah, I know. Such is the way of the world... I guess. Asian parts are slowly but surely finding their way on to my machine, and it feels like a mixed blessing to me. They are extremely economically priced, and the quality is pretty good. The downside is the lost market share to an emerging power. Here in North America, we are going to have to change our business strategies to stay viable. I think we still have a niche and talents to offer, but our manufacturing base is going to continue to decline. We are going to have to accept and attempt to collaborate with these countries to prevent ourselves from becoming irrelevant. The company that I work for has been working very hard to penetrate these markets and partner with them, before our products are just flat out copied by them with no recourse or revenue. Yup, the times they are a changing.
Here is the parts list and prices my dealer gave me for the conversion of my A300 Cooling upgrade kit 1 7126319 1239.48 High Flow cooling upgrade kit 1 7127538 193.07 Gear pump 1 6686890 1620.23 Valve 1 7113263 544.38 Plus Tube line 1 7114818 86.54 Tube line 1 7114819 57.36 Bolt 1 17C644 1.36 Nut 1 83D6 1.12 Fitting 1 15KB1210 19.15 Hose Clamp 2 5HM32 1.33 Tee 1 6730143 54.68 Decal 1 7120602 3.47 Harness 1 6736767 23.04 Cover 1 7135766 116.11 Parts estimate about $3962.65

sam-tip

Here is the parts list and prices my dealer gave me for the conversion of my A300 Cooling upgrade kit 1 7126319 1239.48 High Flow cooling upgrade kit 1 7127538 193.07 Gear pump 1 6686890 1620.23 Valve 1 7113263 544.38 Plus Tube line 1 7114818 86.54 Tube line 1 7114819 57.36 Bolt 1 17C644 1.36 Nut 1 83D6 1.12 Fitting 1 15KB1210 19.15 Hose Clamp 2 5HM32 1.33 Tee 1 6730143 54.68 Decal 1 7120602 3.47 Harness 1 6736767 23.04 Cover 1 7135766 116.11 Parts estimate about $3962.65
I just finished converting my A300 to high flow plus cooling upgrade. Not as bad as others have preached. The hardest part was removing the muffler and installing the muffler. No room plus the bolts have lock tight on them. I made the pump removal harder than it should be because I did not want to drain the AC. So that was little tight. I did not realize to upgrade the cooling fan there would be welding and cutting. The fan is much larger so I had to cut a larger hole for the fan. I did have to go to Northern Tool to get a very large wrench. I needed up to a 1 5/8 inch wrench and socket. I only had up to 1.5 inch The biggest hydraulic fitting was 1 ½ inch. A must is a parts and service manual. I just took my time and it came together. I did it over about a 3 week period. I did pick the wrong time to do it. With 13 inches of snow in one storm I would have liked to have used the A300 to move all the snow. I got the pump from LPS an advertiser of this website Doug

Tazza

Staff member
I just finished converting my A300 to high flow plus cooling upgrade. Not as bad as others have preached. The hardest part was removing the muffler and installing the muffler. No room plus the bolts have lock tight on them. I made the pump removal harder than it should be because I did not want to drain the AC. So that was little tight. I did not realize to upgrade the cooling fan there would be welding and cutting. The fan is much larger so I had to cut a larger hole for the fan. I did have to go to Northern Tool to get a very large wrench. I needed up to a 1 5/8 inch wrench and socket. I only had up to 1.5 inch The biggest hydraulic fitting was 1 ½ inch. A must is a parts and service manual. I just took my time and it came together. I did it over about a 3 week period. I did pick the wrong time to do it. With 13 inches of snow in one storm I would have liked to have used the A300 to move all the snow. I got the pump from LPS an advertiser of this website Doug
Great job, did you get any pictures while you did the job?
What did it end up costing you?
With everything, there is always a way, it just takes time and money.

sam-tip

Great job, did you get any pictures while you did the job?
What did it end up costing you?
With everything, there is always a way, it just takes time and money.
I took plenty of pictures. Without pictures I would not have gotten it back together. Total cost was just over $4,000. Way cheaper than trading. My machine now has 520 hours. It would have been 32k to trade. Thanks EPA. I spent allot of time just reading the manuals and trying to figure how to get the parts back in without killing myself. I did have one leak. It was my fault. I wasn't positive if I got it tight. But it was easy to get tight. One of the few fittings I could still get to. It took so long because one of the hard lines was back ordered for a month. I just worked on it myself. Figured if it was just me I would remember where each part came from. I have had help before and we had parts that my friends removed and didn't remember where they went. Then there were parts I could not get loose. Had to take a over night break. With a fresh look at the part it suddenly became easy.

sam-tip

I took plenty of pictures. Without pictures I would not have gotten it back together. Total cost was just over $4,000. Way cheaper than trading. My machine now has 520 hours. It would have been 32k to trade. Thanks EPA. I spent allot of time just reading the manuals and trying to figure how to get the parts back in without killing myself. I did have one leak. It was my fault. I wasn't positive if I got it tight. But it was easy to get tight. One of the few fittings I could still get to. It took so long because one of the hard lines was back ordered for a month. I just worked on it myself. Figured if it was just me I would remember where each part came from. I have had help before and we had parts that my friends removed and didn't remember where they went. Then there were parts I could not get loose. Had to take a over night break. With a fresh look at the part it suddenly became easy.
I just added 7 photos under the media section in the A300 High Flow converstion Gallery.

JxxxOxxxE

Gonna bring this way back up from my replies 11 years ago...

Around 4k hours on my T300 now. Left track motor failed and knocked out the Hystat pump...

Since I'm going into replace the Hystat, I'll probably do the gear pump at the same time...

I want to convert to high flow now that I have a reason....

Anyone have anymore info or links to a conversion? Or the best way to identify the needed parts, without the dealer?