Hi-Flow Conversion

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

renopker

If the size is correct, yes. They will be rated in CC/revolution. If you can calculate the revs it will be doing and the CC/rev to work out GPM you can work it all out. But you will need to watch the load on the injector cam that you will be driving off.
It will be an interesting mod.
I will be doing it on the 642 so I will put a elec.clutch on and run it off the crank pulley. So I need to figure how much oil I can pump and how much is needed to run a snow blower.That should be purity straight forward.

OP
OP
thetool

thetool

I will be doing it on the 642 so I will put a elec.clutch on and run it off the crank pulley. So I need to figure how much oil I can pump and how much is needed to run a snow blower.That should be purity straight forward.
I really can't shut up yet.....=).
renopker, you are optimistic and enthusiastic, qualities that will come in handy for your project...=)
Additionally, infinite patience and determination will most likley be required to see your project through to the end.....=).
The electric clutch off the crank is a good idea I think, take into account your drive and driven pulley sizes when calculating flow at any given engine rpm, if you haven't already, just sayin'....=).
I somehow doubt it will be as straight forward as you seem to think. But I dunno. I'm thinking it will be a great learning experience in any case, and if you get a 642 hi-flow that is anything more than an impractical novelty out of the deal, so much the better.....=)
If you are seriously considering doing this, I would be happy to consult with you privately at no cost to you other than sharing information, email or call if you wish.
Good Luck.

renopker

I really can't shut up yet.....=).
renopker, you are optimistic and enthusiastic, qualities that will come in handy for your project...=)
Additionally, infinite patience and determination will most likley be required to see your project through to the end.....=).
The electric clutch off the crank is a good idea I think, take into account your drive and driven pulley sizes when calculating flow at any given engine rpm, if you haven't already, just sayin'....=).
I somehow doubt it will be as straight forward as you seem to think. But I dunno. I'm thinking it will be a great learning experience in any case, and if you get a 642 hi-flow that is anything more than an impractical novelty out of the deal, so much the better.....=)
If you are seriously considering doing this, I would be happy to consult with you privately at no cost to you other than sharing information, email or call if you wish.
Good Luck.
I'm always looking to improve on any project that I feel worth my time to work on .I owned a welding and mfg. company for 25 years so I build most of the machines and equipment I use in the business I'm in to today. Heres a link to my last two projects so enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHmWUEvmzE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x54TH8FD1y4&feature=channel
I know this isnt a skidsteer but it was fun.

skidsteer.ca

I'm always looking to improve on any project that I feel worth my time to work on .I owned a welding and mfg. company for 25 years so I build most of the machines and equipment I use in the business I'm in to today. Heres a link to my last two projects so enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHmWUEvmzE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x54TH8FD1y4&feature=channel
I know this isnt a skidsteer but it was fun.
Ok, yes you're qualified. Nice build btw. If you can do the twin turbo you will manage fine on the dual pump system if you do your homework.
Ken

JxxxOxxxE

I know I'm bringing this back from the dead, but does anyone know of a way to get ahold of Shane? I've got a T300 that I need to convert to High Flow, and was wanting to see if he had any more information on the conversion, or maybe a needed parts list. I noticed he said he took a lot of pictures, and made some documentation, but I only see three pics here in this thread....

Tazza

Staff member
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead, but does anyone know of a way to get ahold of Shane? I've got a T300 that I need to convert to High Flow, and was wanting to see if he had any more information on the conversion, or maybe a needed parts list. I noticed he said he took a lot of pictures, and made some documentation, but I only see three pics here in this thread....
I too had a look for a way to contact him a year or two ago, his website doesn't work so i had no way of getting in touch with him.....

JxxxOxxxE

I too had a look for a way to contact him a year or two ago, his website doesn't work so i had no way of getting in touch with him.....
I noticed the website was down... When I googled his business name, I found a number for it in Utah, but it seems to be a cell number for a Hispanic guy. The guy said he I had the wrong number.... I noticed in one of the first few posts he thanked "mark" for helping him get the parts for "the kit" together. Is that anyone on here???

Bobcatdan

I noticed the website was down... When I googled his business name, I found a number for it in Utah, but it seems to be a cell number for a Hispanic guy. The guy said he I had the wrong number.... I noticed in one of the first few posts he thanked "mark" for helping him get the parts for "the kit" together. Is that anyone on here???
I don't know who Mark is, but there is no kit. It has to completely pieced out. Bobcat goes as far as to not recommand such a converison. You will need a good part guy who will to go threw and figure everything you need. We have turned down request to convert a A300. As long as I'm not the one doing it, good luck. I'm sure it has been posted here, but once you do convert, you need the option "turned on" in the controller by having it reprogrammed.

JxxxOxxxE

I don't know who Mark is, but there is no kit. It has to completely pieced out. Bobcat goes as far as to not recommand such a converison. You will need a good part guy who will to go threw and figure everything you need. We have turned down request to convert a A300. As long as I'm not the one doing it, good luck. I'm sure it has been posted here, but once you do convert, you need the option "turned on" in the controller by having it reprogrammed.
I understand there is no kit, I was just referencing what he called it in regards to Mark helping him source the parts....

I talked to my local Bobcat service manager today. Like you guys say, he tried to convince me that it wasnt worth it. He said that he had priced it out before for someone, and it was ridiculously high. I didnt ask him if just the parts were high, or parts and labor...

I talked to another Service guy at KC Bobcat where my machine was originally purchased. I told him that I had found the pump for $1150 or so. I asked him if he thought I could get the rest of the stuff, lines, valve, pigtail harness, oil cooler, filter assembly, and programming and stay under $2000, he thought I could.

I had to make a 10 hour round trip from OKC just to find my current machine. The idea of converting seems faster, and possibly cheaper than selling mine, and finding another...

I'm going to give it a few days and try to track down Shane, and see if I can get any more info...

Bobcatdan

I understand there is no kit, I was just referencing what he called it in regards to Mark helping him source the parts....

I talked to my local Bobcat service manager today. Like you guys say, he tried to convince me that it wasnt worth it. He said that he had priced it out before for someone, and it was ridiculously high. I didnt ask him if just the parts were high, or parts and labor...

I talked to another Service guy at KC Bobcat where my machine was originally purchased. I told him that I had found the pump for $1150 or so. I asked him if he thought I could get the rest of the stuff, lines, valve, pigtail harness, oil cooler, filter assembly, and programming and stay under $2000, he thought I could.

I had to make a 10 hour round trip from OKC just to find my current machine. The idea of converting seems faster, and possibly cheaper than selling mine, and finding another...

I'm going to give it a few days and try to track down Shane, and see if I can get any more info...
If you are cabilabe of doing the work yourself. it may not be that cost prohibtive. I personally have never worked up a quote. Bobcat of Madison did such a conversion a few years ago and from talking to them, it came to well north of $5000 parts and labor and was such a headache they will never do it again. Just noisey, what do you want higflow for?

Tazza

Staff member
If you are cabilabe of doing the work yourself. it may not be that cost prohibtive. I personally have never worked up a quote. Bobcat of Madison did such a conversion a few years ago and from talking to them, it came to well north of $5000 parts and labor and was such a headache they will never do it again. Just noisey, what do you want higflow for?
Mark was the parts manager for IM Bobcat. He is still on the forum as the sales rep for Engine Rebuilders Inc. He no longer works for Bobcat though, so i don't think he will be able to help you now.
IF you really wanted to get into the conversion, i'd suggest you get your paws on a parts manual. Work out what you need for the Hi Flow, i assume tube lines, pump and solenoid to enable and disable the extra flow. As Dan said, you will need the computer programming to enable the new feature though.
I can't see why it can't be done, but Shane had been working on these machines for years and knows what it should look like and where the hoses go etc. Pictures of a Hi flow machine under the seat would go a long was in assisting you.

JxxxOxxxE

Mark was the parts manager for IM Bobcat. He is still on the forum as the sales rep for Engine Rebuilders Inc. He no longer works for Bobcat though, so i don't think he will be able to help you now.
IF you really wanted to get into the conversion, i'd suggest you get your paws on a parts manual. Work out what you need for the Hi Flow, i assume tube lines, pump and solenoid to enable and disable the extra flow. As Dan said, you will need the computer programming to enable the new feature though.
I can't see why it can't be done, but Shane had been working on these machines for years and knows what it should look like and where the hoses go etc. Pictures of a Hi flow machine under the seat would go a long was in assisting you.
Any idea what Mark's username on here is? I may try sending him a private message and see what all he can remember parts wise...

A pic of the plumbing on a T300 High Flow, probably would help quite a bit...

I want the high flow to be able to run a land planer. The only ones in my area to rent are all require high flow. I hate to have to rent another machine, and not use mine...

skidsteer.ca

Any idea what Mark's username on here is? I may try sending him a private message and see what all he can remember parts wise...

A pic of the plumbing on a T300 High Flow, probably would help quite a bit...

I want the high flow to be able to run a land planer. The only ones in my area to rent are all require high flow. I hate to have to rent another machine, and not use mine...
I priced it out for a S185 K and parts were just over $2000
I was told to budget 3 or 4 days for the conversion. Not worth it unless you can do it yourself imo. The tripple gear pump was over 1/2 the cost if i recall though.
I should have though of this when Barron Supply had their 15% off this May though, would have been a good time to do it.
Ken

sam-tip

I priced it out for a S185 K and parts were just over $2000
I was told to budget 3 or 4 days for the conversion. Not worth it unless you can do it yourself imo. The tripple gear pump was over 1/2 the cost if i recall though.
I should have though of this when Barron Supply had their 15% off this May though, would have been a good time to do it.
Ken
I have the same question. How do I get hold of someone that has done the high flow converstion. I would like to do the conversion on a A300 that I bought new in 2008. SN 539911***. Dealer wants over $32k to trade for a new model with high flow. Mine is in great shape with only 502 hrs. So a few thousand in parts would be worth it to me. Thanks Doug O

Bobcatdan

I have the same question. How do I get hold of someone that has done the high flow converstion. I would like to do the conversion on a A300 that I bought new in 2008. SN 539911***. Dealer wants over $32k to trade for a new model with high flow. Mine is in great shape with only 502 hrs. So a few thousand in parts would be worth it to me. Thanks Doug O
Once again, what do you want high flow for? Over 95% of the time, you do not need high flow, just use an attachment rated for your hydraulic output.

sam-tip

Once again, what do you want high flow for? Over 95% of the time, you do not need high flow, just use an attachment rated for your hydraulic output.
To run my high flow chipper and increase the cycle time on my log splitter. The splitter with a 30" 5" ram is slow but has lots of power. The toolcat high flow only does 27 gpm on the chipper.

sam-tip

To run my high flow chipper and increase the cycle time on my log splitter. The splitter with a 30" 5" ram is slow but has lots of power. The toolcat high flow only does 27 gpm on the chipper.
I would expect my TM pro 30" log splitter to go from 14 second to 7 second cycle time. The Tm pro 24 inch log splitter would change from 8 seconds to 4 seconds. Twice as fast. Or go from splitting one cord an hour to almost 1.6 cords of wood and hour. It is all about speed.

Bobcatdan

I would expect my TM pro 30" log splitter to go from 14 second to 7 second cycle time. The Tm pro 24 inch log splitter would change from 8 seconds to 4 seconds. Twice as fast. Or go from splitting one cord an hour to almost 1.6 cords of wood and hour. It is all about speed.
I think you would be better off replacing the motor on your chipper with a lower flow motor sized for your machine output then messsing with adding highflow.

SkidRoe

I think you would be better off replacing the motor on your chipper with a lower flow motor sized for your machine output then messsing with adding highflow.
@ Dan: I thought you worked for a dealership. The man really wants parts - SELL HIM PARTS!!! If one of my employees told one of our customers this, he would get his a$$ chewed. LOL!!

sam-tip

@ Dan: I thought you worked for a dealership. The man really wants parts - SELL HIM PARTS!!! If one of my employees told one of our customers this, he would get his a$$ chewed. LOL!!
So far the estimat in parts is $4000. The question is now with the cooling upgrade. There is a serial number break between years. With the cooling upgrade, will the matching parts go with the original serial number break or will the cooling upgrade be the new style of cooling parts. SN53991136*

Latest posts