Has anybody had any experiance with the TracksPlus tracks?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcatdan

If it is the brand I am thinking of, they are made of cheaper thiner metal than a grouser or logerning. That said I do not have real first hand experince with them to say what real life expectice would be.

skidsteer.ca

If it is the brand I am thinking of, they are made of cheaper thiner metal than a grouser or logerning. That said I do not have real first hand experince with them to say what real life expectice would be.
For the money they are a good track. They are made with a really good grade of steel, rockwell 50 hardness. however they are relatively thin compared to grouser or loeguring.
This keeps the weight to @ 500 lbs for a set of 10" wide. Conserves fuel and hp and improves flotation over the heavier brands. Easier on the drivetrain too.
However they won't counterweight your machine as much as the heavy brands. Also the pad design tend to pack wet snow inside if used on thawing days in the winter. Not likely a concern for most but just so you know. We have @ 60 sets of these in the field now with very few issues.
Ken

OP
OP
T

tmc31

For the money they are a good track. They are made with a really good grade of steel, rockwell 50 hardness. however they are relatively thin compared to grouser or loeguring.
This keeps the weight to @ 500 lbs for a set of 10" wide. Conserves fuel and hp and improves flotation over the heavier brands. Easier on the drivetrain too.
However they won't counterweight your machine as much as the heavy brands. Also the pad design tend to pack wet snow inside if used on thawing days in the winter. Not likely a concern for most but just so you know. We have @ 60 sets of these in the field now with very few issues.
Ken
Wow, thanks Ken, sounds like you have had extensive experience with the tracks. Thanks for the recommendation. For me, lighter is better as long as they will hold up well. Tim

Latest posts