S150 has no reverse on left side

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LP Clarke

I have a 2007 S150 with SJC (selective joystick control). Machine has 10,575 hours. It quit reversing on left side with no warning. I swapped solenoids and valves around and no difference. Swapped relief valves around and no difference. Next I swapped drive motors. Still no change. Pulls great in forward and right side reverse. Leaning toward the joystick being faulty. Took it apart and checked wiring but didn't see anything obvious. Do any of you guys have a suggestion. I have had the drive controller out and checked all the connections. The harnesses were replaced along with the hydrostat pump about 1000 hours ago. appreciate any help! I am working on other stuff so I may be in and out checking for replies

laurencen

can you switch the connections from left to right and see if the issue also changes, that will confirm all electrical is good or at fault

brdgbldr

Check that new wire harness for any rub throughs before assuming it's the joystick. Pay special attention to wherever it is secured.

OP
OP
L

LP Clarke

Ok! I checked harness real good> I swapped harness around and now for some reason it activated the parking brake if I travel straight forward or backward. If I steer right or left it will not activate the park brake. I have it on jackstands so I can watch rotation of tires. I think I am going to get a meter and check output from joystick to drive controller and then check output from controller to control solenoid. I have some other equipment to fix now so it may be Monday before i get back on it. Ya'll have a good weekend!

OP
OP
L

LP Clarke

Good morning. I swapped the harness around this time and reverse left is still not working. So this eliminates the joystick or drive controller. I had already swapped drive motors, I had swapped the solenoids and valve, and had swapped pressure relief valves. So if I am thinking right, the only thing left would be the control valve itself or could something in the hydrostat be wrong?

brdgbldr

Good morning. I swapped the harness around this time and reverse left is still not working. So this eliminates the joystick or drive controller. I had already swapped drive motors, I had swapped the solenoids and valve, and had swapped pressure relief valves. So if I am thinking right, the only thing left would be the control valve itself or could something in the hydrostat be wrong?
Then hydrostatic pump does have a right and left side so it could be in the pump.

River Fluid Power

Swap the entire control valves on the tandem pump. That's the last thing you can try before pulling the whole pump out and looking inside. 1000 hours is not a lot on a rebuilt/replaced pump.

OP
OP
L

LP Clarke

Swap the entire control valves on the tandem pump. That's the last thing you can try before pulling the whole pump out and looking inside. 1000 hours is not a lot on a rebuilt/replaced pump.
OK! On this model I had to pull the engine hydrostat assembly to access the module control for the left side functions. The hydrostat is bolted up flush with the mount and cant access the allen bolts. Got it pulled and the hydro assembly on my table. Pulled the module control off and found nothing wrong there. So I pulled the actual control vale assembly out the back of pump. There is a ring on the plunger assembly connected to the piston that has broke. Parts list shows 10 different rings according to thickness this ring holds the spring and retainers together on the plunger assembly the piston is connected to. It would allow piston to pull but not push control valve. There is some scarring from the broken pieces. Its just a split collar/ring that fits in a groove to keep spring assembly together. I guess the different thickness affects spring tension. Our next move is to determine if we want to spend around 4,000.00 to get it back going. I don't think I want to risk trying to repair this one. But I appreciate everyone helping me on this. This is the first forum I have ever been on. I am not a computer guy at all so I appreciate ya'll being patient with me. Ya'll have a good day!