foot control to joystick conversion?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

stoobs67

A friend of mine is going to sell me his 753 for a very good price. Its in great shape. However it had foot pedal for bucket controls. I am not very good with them because I am 6'7 tall. From the way that i sit in the machine, I cant push on the backpedal. I have to put blocks inbetween my feet and the pedal....I know it sounds ridiculous. Anyways, for my question. Is it possible to convert to a joystick control? I have been told no, that it would be not cost effective. Before I gave up I wanted to do some research online. I am already getting this machine for a good price, and it might be worth it to invest in this IF its possible. Can anyone let me know if this is possible? And what it would take? Thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
You will need two actuators, i thought in the 800 price range each. You will need the joysticks, a few hundred each. A new computer, again, a few hundred. Possibly a wiring loom, another 500 or so. It will need to go to the dealer to enable the actuators and any other devices attached to the machine. Honestly, its not worth the money. Hand controls are enough of a pain on their own, but to install them willingly, bad plan.
If you REALLY want hand controls, do your self a favour. Get the machine nice and pretty, sell it, use the proffits to buy a machine with hand controls already. It will be far cheaper.

Tazza

Staff member
You will need two actuators, i thought in the 800 price range each. You will need the joysticks, a few hundred each. A new computer, again, a few hundred. Possibly a wiring loom, another 500 or so. It will need to go to the dealer to enable the actuators and any other devices attached to the machine. Honestly, its not worth the money. Hand controls are enough of a pain on their own, but to install them willingly, bad plan.
If you REALLY want hand controls, do your self a favour. Get the machine nice and pretty, sell it, use the proffits to buy a machine with hand controls already. It will be far cheaper.
After spanking enter, i remembered what my manual showed.... There was an option that actually used morse cables.... You could potentially fabricate these to work?
The pedals are adjustable, you can slide them back and forth to adjust the angle, is that an option?

waggles

After spanking enter, i remembered what my manual showed.... There was an option that actually used morse cables.... You could potentially fabricate these to work?
The pedals are adjustable, you can slide them back and forth to adjust the angle, is that an option?
My friend put a genuine bobcat cable operated hand control on the lift arms of his 753 H model. He likes it because of a bad knee. I dont know if that option is still available, I prefer the orginal control pattern . Although my S130 has a nice variable flow button for the 4in1 control.

RickS250

Ok I have to add my 2 cents in here. I'm 6'8" tall and have ran a 753 with no problems. My 1st loader was a 610 that I used for 16 years. Unless you have ankle problems I think you should try it or do like Tazza said and clean it up and buy a diff machine. I know guys that have the loaders with hand controls and when they go bad their not cheap to get fixed!! I didn't have allot of room in my 610 so I moved up to a S250 and really like the bigger loader!! More room easier to run and way way more power!!! Radman