fisher V plow

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

badco

Hi all great site i have LS180 i would like to find out how to hook up a vplow that has dual angle cylinders using the flat face hydraulics on the skid steer. if this is going to be expensive nightmare i my just get two single rams and call it a day

Mike10

If you need two circuits than you can get a splitter valve that uses a switch to send the oil to the cylinder selected. I do not know how much they are bit I do not think they are to bad.

OP
OP
B

badco

If you need two circuits than you can get a splitter valve that uses a switch to send the oil to the cylinder selected. I do not know how much they are bit I do not think they are to bad.
thanks mike for the fast reply think i seen those the fisher dealer thought i needed two priced around 300.00 each only going to use plow around the farm. Have around 800.00 into this build so far wounder if the splitter box they had to the plow pump for the truck mount could be modified. here in Canada parts are crazy expensive one single angle ram sells for 425.00 dual for 650.00. now i may just weld the blade solid and try running one dual ram on one side see if it will hold blade is 9;6"wide

Bobcatdan

thanks mike for the fast reply think i seen those the fisher dealer thought i needed two priced around 300.00 each only going to use plow around the farm. Have around 800.00 into this build so far wounder if the splitter box they had to the plow pump for the truck mount could be modified. here in Canada parts are crazy expensive one single angle ram sells for 425.00 dual for 650.00. now i may just weld the blade solid and try running one dual ram on one side see if it will hold blade is 9;6"wide
I just made a boss v blade to work as simple as possible on a skidsteer. First you need double acting cylinders. Then I ordered a vavle block for a verning v blade. With that vavle block I only need one hydraulic circuit that most skidsteer have. The vavle works by one side always moving first. When that side deadheads, the other moves. Simply run your aux backwards and they retract one at a time. Once you under stand the pattern they move in, you can make every position possible. We have about a $1000 in converting, but we needed different cylinders as stock boss ones are single action with spring return. What is nice is the blade will work on any skidsteer as nothing but the hoses go to the skidsteer. No separate controller.

OP
OP
B

badco

I just made a boss v blade to work as simple as possible on a skidsteer. First you need double acting cylinders. Then I ordered a vavle block for a verning v blade. With that vavle block I only need one hydraulic circuit that most skidsteer have. The vavle works by one side always moving first. When that side deadheads, the other moves. Simply run your aux backwards and they retract one at a time. Once you under stand the pattern they move in, you can make every position possible. We have about a $1000 in converting, but we needed different cylinders as stock boss ones are single action with spring return. What is nice is the blade will work on any skidsteer as nothing but the hoses go to the skidsteer. No separate controller.
thanks that sounds just what i'm looking for i have dual cylinders now have to locate that part. just welded a angle iron across the top to make solid and hooked both lines to one dual cylinder it seems to work fine but don't know if it will hold up. We supposed to get 6"snow monday night if it won't hold angle then will remove the angle iron and go that way,thanks for the help.

Latest posts