Drive Belt Adjustment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

stormin10x

I have a 773 that squeals on heavy load. I assume the drive belt needs adjusting. Can anyone give me a little heads up on how to get it tightened. Does the cab need to be lifted? Thanks Norm Reitan

mrfixitpaul

Access through the tailgate. Remove the plastic cover near the battery for access to the belt. There may be a decal on the tailgate with directions and picture but if not......Loosen the bolt that holds the tensioner just enough to allow the tensioner to move with a prybar, pry the tensioner down with a bar until the pointer on the tensioner is at the 3:00 position, then tighten the bolt while holding the tension.

OP
OP
S

stormin10x

Access through the tailgate. Remove the plastic cover near the battery for access to the belt. There may be a decal on the tailgate with directions and picture but if not......Loosen the bolt that holds the tensioner just enough to allow the tensioner to move with a prybar, pry the tensioner down with a bar until the pointer on the tensioner is at the 3:00 position, then tighten the bolt while holding the tension.
Thanks mrfixitpaul I'll give it a try this weekend. It is really squealing. Norm Reitan

OP
OP
S

stormin10x

thanks for the advise tightened it today and no more squeal. Next is the heater blower motor. Do you have to lift the cab to get the bolts/screws out of the top of the blower chassis. Norm

Latest posts