743 Creep adjustment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

uffda

OK Here goes... I have been having trouble adjusting the creep to find neutral so that the pump will not be straining against the brake. Whenever I get done, and take it off the blocks, it will start creeping and the straining pump begins. Could I put it back up on blocks , set the brake and adjust for the creep so I can hear the pump is straining , then take it off the blocks and release the brake. Its kinda backwards but will it work?

OP
OP
U

uffda

I would put it up on the blocks again, then apply the brake, adjust for the creep and when the straining pump noise goes away that should be neutral and good to go. Tighten up and take off the blocks

polishpete

YES BUT DONT APPLY THE BRAKE U WILL NEVER FIND NUETRAL REALLY THAT WAY APP;Y
THE BRAKE PUT IT IN BLOCKS THAN RELASE BRAKE ADUJUSTT

laurencen

add some spring/lock washers to the lock bolts, tighten securely then back off bolts 1/4 turn, start motor and use a long punch to tap the blocks to fine the neutral a bit at a time, stop and restart the motor a few times and adjust as needed, this way works for me every time, the issue is you are not adjusting correctly its the wear in the cams, you could also flip them around if they are worn lots, remember to tighten the bolts once set