Drain Coolant?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kccobra03

Hey guys what is the best way to drain all the engine coolant? My machine is at about 2000 hrs and part of the service is changing the coolant. I unhooked the rad. hose on the left of the engine and only got a little coolant. Is there some place on the block to do it? And I guess the bet way to fill is remove the radiator cover and use a funnel to fill radiator back up. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Depending on the machine, the drain plug is usually just below the injector pump on the Kubota engines. Worst case, remove the bottom radiator hose, you should get 99% of it out that way.
Filling the rad isn't quite so easy with the covers on some machines, you just need to fumble your way around to work out the best way to fill it up i'm afraid. On my machines its not easy and i spill a bit but it gets the job done. I just give it a squirt with the hose to get rid of any excess coolant that was spilled.

OP
OP
K

kccobra03

Depending on the machine, the drain plug is usually just below the injector pump on the Kubota engines. Worst case, remove the bottom radiator hose, you should get 99% of it out that way.
Filling the rad isn't quite so easy with the covers on some machines, you just need to fumble your way around to work out the best way to fill it up i'm afraid. On my machines its not easy and i spill a bit but it gets the job done. I just give it a squirt with the hose to get rid of any excess coolant that was spilled.
It is the Kubota V2003 Turbo/ 773Turbo. I will look again under the injector pump. Thanks.

scar99

It is the Kubota V2003 Turbo/ 773Turbo. I will look again under the injector pump. Thanks.
Some of those macines also had coolant running thru the engine oil filter base. If that is what you have you can remove the plug just under the filter on the right side.