Deere 6675 Stuck dissasembling vertical lift boom

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Workingchump

I have a john deere 6675, and I need to take off the lower arm on the vertical lift system, that is probably not the correct term, but it is the arm that almost stays in parralel with the boom cylinder, a little bit behind and a little bit below the boom cylinder. This peice is cracked(broken apart) and needs welding repair, but I need to remove it in order to do so. We took the bolts out of the upper and lower pivot ends, however, the bolts appear only to hold the real pivot pin in place, a hollow pin for the bolt, and it is flared out holding the arm on. We cant budge that hollow pin. We put an old socket in the hole and put a sledge to it pretty good. My welder friend that was helping me wonders if they might be threaded(nothing to be able to turn it though), or what else could be holding these things in place so good. Please help Thank you!!

OP
OP
W

Workingchump

I am replying to my own thread with some "updated terminology" The part I am trying to remove is the lower link, a part of the vertical boom lift system which is the part that is broken apart(I wish this site let you post pics) and because the two pins are flanged, I cannot remove the link to repair it and put back on. I removed the bolts that go through the pins, of course.. I found a part online, MG86591512 that is the pin, if you look up the 6675 on John Deere's part site, it is displayed in picture form if you click on "boom", illustrated that is, it appears to have lines on in possibly indicating thread, but not necessarily... I'm wondering if it is either threaded, or just siezed/rusted in place. That is basically what I am looking to find out. Please help!

OP
OP
W

Workingchump

I am replying to my own thread with some "updated terminology" The part I am trying to remove is the lower link, a part of the vertical boom lift system which is the part that is broken apart(I wish this site let you post pics) and because the two pins are flanged, I cannot remove the link to repair it and put back on. I removed the bolts that go through the pins, of course.. I found a part online, MG86591512 that is the pin, if you look up the 6675 on John Deere's part site, it is displayed in picture form if you click on "boom", illustrated that is, it appears to have lines on in possibly indicating thread, but not necessarily... I'm wondering if it is either threaded, or just siezed/rusted in place. That is basically what I am looking to find out. Please help!
Ok I just figured out how to post pictures, here is the picture, parts in question are #11 and #26
0000/0000572528____________A1.gif

Latest posts