deere 250 hydrolic issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ok here is the issue. i bought a skiddy and it had a issue with loosing hydrolic fluid trough the left side drive motor/ brake seal. it uses the sauer danfoss drive motors. after rebuilding the drive motors with new orings and seals now it does not work. is there a way something inside the drive motor could have assembeld wrong or something sticking. i rinstaled the drive and toped off the hydro tank and cycled the motor trough and restarted it but it never seemed to build prime. isx tghere a chance the pump could have gotten somethign in it or worn out instantly?ther eis no responce from the control for the left side but the right functions fine. if thr pump failed wouldnt it make sme sprt of pressure and work somewhat? i am ok with hydrolics and mecanical skils but i am baffled here. is there a way to test the motor by possibly even hooking it up to the high flow and see if it works that way or what can i do?

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know if these motors are timed or not, but if it is, its possible you installed something out of time causing issues.
It would be very odd if the pump just went out after you removed the motor and replaced the seals. If you crack a line to the motor and run it, operate that side, do you get any flow from the fitting? If so, its a good sign that the pump is working.
Does the machine bog down when you operate that side? its possible the brake is stuck on?

OP
OP
B
I don't know if these motors are timed or not, but if it is, its possible you installed something out of time causing issues.
It would be very odd if the pump just went out after you removed the motor and replaced the seals. If you crack a line to the motor and run it, operate that side, do you get any flow from the fitting? If so, its a good sign that the pump is working.
Does the machine bog down when you operate that side? its possible the brake is stuck on?
first off the brakes unlock 2nd off it makes enough pressure when i crack the line to blow the o ring out 3rd off there is no rpm change when the stick is operated no bog, no load, nothing. 4th would the charge pump build enough pressure to blow the oring? and how could the drive motor be timed? i am not the most knolageable and tried to put everything back together the way it came apart but since the downloaded manual i have is for a series 1 and i have a series 2 and i belive they use diffrent drive motors. i am havign a verry hard time finding any info on the drive motors.

Logger

first off the brakes unlock 2nd off it makes enough pressure when i crack the line to blow the o ring out 3rd off there is no rpm change when the stick is operated no bog, no load, nothing. 4th would the charge pump build enough pressure to blow the oring? and how could the drive motor be timed? i am not the most knolageable and tried to put everything back together the way it came apart but since the downloaded manual i have is for a series 1 and i have a series 2 and i belive they use diffrent drive motors. i am havign a verry hard time finding any info on the drive motors.
Was the fluid coming out of the Brake boot? or was it clearly coming out where the hydro motor bolts on?

brapp

Was the fluid coming out of the Brake boot? or was it clearly coming out where the hydro motor bolts on?
no this machine doesnt have the boot and slaver cylinder for brakes. it has the internal brake washer/ disk that releases with hyd pressure but that was all rebuilt and rolls freely when the brake is released. it literaly feels liek the pump is cavitated or the pump is not gettign any fluid at all to it but it does push fluid out the lines to the drive motor but no change with travel stick moved.

ronald_s

no this machine doesnt have the boot and slaver cylinder for brakes. it has the internal brake washer/ disk that releases with hyd pressure but that was all rebuilt and rolls freely when the brake is released. it literaly feels liek the pump is cavitated or the pump is not gettign any fluid at all to it but it does push fluid out the lines to the drive motor but no change with travel stick moved.
I also bought a skid steer which had a leak coming from by the brake boot, thinking it was an easy fix. I pulled it down, bought all the seals for the pump, brake, axle housing. Filled the hydraulic reservoir with oil, put oil back into the chain case, started and tested the machine, operated it for about 1 minute then machine started to act like it needed oil, check the tank it was empty, noticed that oil is coming from between the shaft for the chain axle and going in the chain case. Is this suppose to take place, is that hole in the shaft used as a drain? Please help !!!