Changing oil - Kubota diesel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

743B

New to the forum here. Last year I bought a used 743B to help out while building my new house. Knock on wood so far so good with the machine! Great to have around the house even though the construction is now done. Just got done buying a attachment plate for a plow which should be handy for the new drive. The machine is enclosed with heat and stereo. Makes plowing or moving snow nice! I'll be changing the oil here soon and was just curious what weight oil others run in there machines that live in the northern part of the states. I live in southeastern Wisconsin. Thanks in advance!

500K_773

I switched to Mobil Delvac 5W40 synthetic oil and it seems to be working great. You probably don't need to go synthetic, but definately get an oil rated for diesel engines. The diesel oils have a better detergent additive package to combat to soots. Diesel approved oils will have a C_ rating, such as CI-4, CH-4, etc... I am running a Chevron Delo 400 10W30 in my truck which is a CI-4 rated oil. I think a 15W40 will be too thick in colder temps, go with a 10W30, 5W30 or a 5W40 oil for best lubrication in the cold weather.

StuZ

I'd say 500K is right. Mobil would be very high on my list, if not on the top. I'm not that far south of you, and we use 10W-30 and a block heater when it gets cold.

OP
OP

743B

I'd say 500K is right. Mobil would be very high on my list, if not on the top. I'm not that far south of you, and we use 10W-30 and a block heater when it gets cold.
Thanks for the feedback guys! I do have a block heater on the machine and works great. During the recent cold snap it was down around 9 below and I just had to tickle the starter and she fired right up! I see a few guys out on E-Bay selling filter packages that doesn't seem like to bad of a price. I think the last one I saw for my machine had the inner and outter air filter, oil filter, and fuel filter for in the neighborhood of $40 plus shipping. Does this seems like a decent price?

Latest posts