CANT DESIDE JD OR BOBCAT???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BMAZZ007

Looking into 2 skids a john deere 320 he wants 27,500 for enclosed cab and heat or a Bobcat s 175 for 24,395 enclosed cab and heat do any of you have some input for me im not familier with jd skid steers but i have had good luck with bobcat.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd still go the Bobcat, i know i'm a little bias but if i ever need parts i know 100% i can get them. Their service department is top notch and will gladly give out service information.
Bocat_Ron will no doubt flame you for even considering a JD machine :)
Good luck with your purchase, which ever way you go i'm sure you will be happy!

carpman15

I'd still go the Bobcat, i know i'm a little bias but if i ever need parts i know 100% i can get them. Their service department is top notch and will gladly give out service information.
Bocat_Ron will no doubt flame you for even considering a JD machine :)
Good luck with your purchase, which ever way you go i'm sure you will be happy!
i would drive both i personally dont like the jd the door design and a few other things also if you would want a hand control i dont think deere makes a hand control see what the dealer wants for a 185 or even 205 unless you need a small frame then a 205 wont work just that every now and then you may want the extra weight capacity any other questions ask and i may be able to help since i work at a bobcat dealer

OP
OP
B

BMAZZ007

i would drive both i personally dont like the jd the door design and a few other things also if you would want a hand control i dont think deere makes a hand control see what the dealer wants for a 185 or even 205 unless you need a small frame then a 205 wont work just that every now and then you may want the extra weight capacity any other questions ask and i may be able to help since i work at a bobcat dealer
I SAT IN THE 175 TODAY STARTED IT IT IS ENCLOSED WITH A HEATER AND MAN IT WAS VERY VERY NOISY EVEN LOUDER THE MY 763 AND THEY HAVE THE SAME ENGINE??????

mrsops

ARE YOUR NOISY WHEN ENCLOSED???
BOBCAT ALL THE WAY BETTER VISIBILITY WHEN GRADING. AND SOMEONE SAID THE S205 ISNT A SMALL FRAME MACHINE I HAVE THE S205 60"" WIDE WITH THE INTERVERTED RIMS. 205 IS DEF THE WAY TO GO MORE LIFT MORE HORSEPOWER. I WONDER WHY THE S 175 IS NOISY IS IT A K SERIES MODEL THOSE MACHINES ARE REAL QUIET I HAVE 2

OP
OP
B

BMAZZ007

BOBCAT ALL THE WAY BETTER VISIBILITY WHEN GRADING. AND SOMEONE SAID THE S205 ISNT A SMALL FRAME MACHINE I HAVE THE S205 60"" WIDE WITH THE INTERVERTED RIMS. 205 IS DEF THE WAY TO GO MORE LIFT MORE HORSEPOWER. I WONDER WHY THE S 175 IS NOISY IS IT A K SERIES MODEL THOSE MACHINES ARE REAL QUIET I HAVE 2
BRAND NEW MACHINE !!!!

carpman15

BRAND NEW MACHINE !!!!
i cant remember it is either the s205 or 220 that is the first large frame in the line i am quite shure it is the 205 im not saying that they wont fit with diffrent rims and that but if you have the two side by side you can tell the diffrence in frame size and that kinda like having an 330 next to a 300 the s330 looks huge even compared to the 300

primebeef

i cant remember it is either the s205 or 220 that is the first large frame in the line i am quite shure it is the 205 im not saying that they wont fit with diffrent rims and that but if you have the two side by side you can tell the diffrence in frame size and that kinda like having an 330 next to a 300 the s330 looks huge even compared to the 300
I vote for the John Deere

primebeef

I vote for the John Deere. That 320 will out work that s-175 anyday.

primebeef

The John Deere is more stable, has a smoother ride, will outlift the bobcat, and has more power. it will plain just out work the bobcat
The s-175 has 46 hp the john deere 320 has 62hp. Don't get me wrong i love bobcat. The service i have here is great.

mrsops

test drive them both visibility means a lot.........just my 2c......Jeff
YOU CANT COMPARE AN S175 TO A 320. S205 IS THE WAY TO GO IT WILL PUT THAT DEERE 320 TO BED. 205 HAS THE 61 HP AND THE ROC OF 2050 ALOT BETTER VISABILITY. I DONT LIKE THE DOOR DEGISN ON THE DEERE YOU JUST CANT SEE AS GOOD.

primebeef

YOU CANT COMPARE AN S175 TO A 320. S205 IS THE WAY TO GO IT WILL PUT THAT DEERE 320 TO BED. 205 HAS THE 61 HP AND THE ROC OF 2050 ALOT BETTER VISABILITY. I DONT LIKE THE DOOR DEGISN ON THE DEERE YOU JUST CANT SEE AS GOOD.
If you put the counter weight on the 320 it would still beat the bobcat 205

mrsops

If you put the counter weight on the 320 it would still beat the bobcat 205
yeah if you put the counterweights on but i was talking with out counterweights. if you want to go that route your better off with a s220 with counterweights it would bring you to 2300 overall bobcat is better then deere in my opinion

Tazza

Staff member
yeah if you put the counterweights on but i was talking with out counterweights. if you want to go that route your better off with a s220 with counterweights it would bring you to 2300 overall bobcat is better then deere in my opinion
Just what is the advantage of counterweights? I know it adds more weight to the machine down low, but i figured that would just add weight which would mean you need to burn more fuel (a small amount i know). I see adding them at the back would increase the tipping load. My 751 has weights on all 4 axles, i was just wondering if they are really needed.

skidsteer.ca

Just what is the advantage of counterweights? I know it adds more weight to the machine down low, but i figured that would just add weight which would mean you need to burn more fuel (a small amount i know). I see adding them at the back would increase the tipping load. My 751 has weights on all 4 axles, i was just wondering if they are really needed.
The thing I like about the suitcase weights that JD and NH use is I can add them for heavy lifting or pull them off to improve floatation for brush mowing and other soft ground work,
Bobcats axel and tailgate counter weighs are not so easy to remove.
More weight = more stability which is good at times, but it does wear tires faster and make the tire ruts deeper.
Ken