Broken Fan Blade on 2009 Mustang 2041

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Coolbeans14

Help! I was going over some rough terrain in my Mustang 2041 and my fan lost all but one of its blades. Any ideas how I can get at this fan to remove and replace it? Or is this something a dealership is going to need to do... Thanks Shawn

Rookie

There should be some pretty good guidelines in the shop manual, but if it's anything like mine, all you have to do is swing away the oil cooler and remove the radiator. I have to ask: Just what type of terrain would you be going over that would cause fan blades to break off? I've been around engines and machinery for over 50 years and never heard of that.

jwfarm

You must have something loose to cause this. The shroud on 2041 does not have much clearance, so I would guess that it is loose or your radiator is or water pump is out? There shouldn't be that much movement, no matter what terrain you are going over. It shouldn't be hard to take that fan hub off and put another one on, but I would first determine what caused it to do this in the first place and hopefully it didn't damage your radiator.