Bottom rollers for 337

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

john

I have a 1999 337 excavator , would like to replace a couple of bottom rollers, has anyone had any luck rebuilding them, new ones are gold plated at 450.00 plus each that means it only takes about five thousand to replace all rollers. the 337 is great little machine but parts are heart breakers. Anyone who has one with x-change system for quick change of attachments and is having trouble with spring and locking device , I found an easy fix if you are interested. If have one you will have a problem it is just a matter of wear.

500K_773

John,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure your post will get read by everyone anyway, but next time you may want to post this in the Excavator section.
I don't have any experience working on the 337. I looked at an used on 2 years ago, but passed up on it because the price was just a little too high for the amount of hours on it. Also looked as if the rubber tracks were going to have to be replaced in about 400-500 hours. Just out of curiosity, how many hours are on your machine? Have you had to replace the tracks? If so, how many times?
Tracks are expensive. I know it's about $10,000 - $12,000 increase in price from a S185 to a T190. I think the only real differences are the undercarraige and tracks vs. wheels and tires. Was that the best price your dealer would give you the parts? Even if you bought all the rollers? Did you try contacting another Bobcat dealer to try get a better price? I think I saw undercarriage parts from a third party vendor. I will try locate their name again and post it here later.

864wood

John,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure your post will get read by everyone anyway, but next time you may want to post this in the Excavator section.
I don't have any experience working on the 337. I looked at an used on 2 years ago, but passed up on it because the price was just a little too high for the amount of hours on it. Also looked as if the rubber tracks were going to have to be replaced in about 400-500 hours. Just out of curiosity, how many hours are on your machine? Have you had to replace the tracks? If so, how many times?
Tracks are expensive. I know it's about $10,000 - $12,000 increase in price from a S185 to a T190. I think the only real differences are the undercarraige and tracks vs. wheels and tires. Was that the best price your dealer would give you the parts? Even if you bought all the rollers? Did you try contacting another Bobcat dealer to try get a better price? I think I saw undercarriage parts from a third party vendor. I will try locate their name again and post it here later.
I dont have any experience with the mini-exs but I have a track loader and have had to pop the tracks and work on the rollers. I keep one roller on hand for just such emergencies and my advice is to replace them as they go bad. My machine has 1500hrs and has only lost the rear idler bearing. The gold plated version was $589.00 and I did the work myself.

Latest posts