What size Dump for an E-60??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sold4unow

I know a 2021 E-60 is a fairly big machine as far as mini excavators are concerned. I am wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to put one inside of a 16' dump trailer or if it needs an 18' to 20' dump? If it does fit, how much room is left? Thanks in advance.

mrbb

well, this seems rather simple, what you need to do is measure the foot print of the machine (park machine on a some pavement/concrete and outline with chalk if you want to see its exact footprint) and then you can figure out extra room left over , pending what sided trailer you pick, (trailer makers also have spec's you can use to figure this out)

and then know the exact weight of it and get a trailer it fits in and can carry the weight needed!

according to spec's
its 18.25 ft long, and 72 wide and weights in at 12,315 lbs
so, with this basic info, it won't fit in a 16 ft or 18 ft trailer ??
and will most likely require a goose neck dump trailer of some HD construction, (not a bumper pull , or none I know of any how )
and you will then also need and an appropriate vehicle to tow it! , with size and ratings to legally tow with, and have correct credentials to tow with!

which in MY area would also require you to have a CDL drivers Lic, due to weights of things and state rules here!
every state/location has its own rules on weights and towing, so you may wish to look into these things too!

OP
OP
S

sold4unow

Thanks. I did see those specs and thought the same thing. The reason I posted the question us that my local rental yard claims to be able to fit an e50 in a 14 foot dump trailer. An E60 isn't physically much larger than an e50 so in my mind I was thinking if an e50 will fit in a 14' dump.... why wouldn't an e60 fit in a 16' dump? But maybe the rental company is full of BS?

mrbb

my guess is the rental shop gave you BAD info, either by accident or on purpose, not all workers are that great at there job or care about customers or the business they work for! Good help is harder to find now than ever!

But either way, finding out spec's isn;'t hard, and towing a machine this size, odds are, will require some add driver's lic credentials than a basic lic's, and finding a dump trailer of the size needed will maybe be harder as well,
Might be better off having one delivered than doing so yourself, as I'd gather most using machines of this weight and size, ain;'t using dump trailers, but deck over trailers, due to more common and easy to find, and just more folks owning them !(or is this way in most places I have been)

so keep that in mind, if your considering renting one, or buying one!

Latest posts