bobtach slides

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

redfish1

I have a 751 and put new pivot pins and bushings in the bobtach and have the bolts real tight and the bobtach still moves side to side a lot. Is there any way to get all of play out of it. I have heard where some people put washer on the pins to take up a some of the slack. Could it be that the bobtach could be wore out.

Tazza

Staff member
Installing washers is a good idea. I actually measured my gap and made nylon washers. Keeps it tight and keeps the crap out.

OP
OP
R

redfish1

Installing washers is a good idea. I actually measured my gap and made nylon washers. Keeps it tight and keeps the crap out.
That's a good idea. I have a sheet of some 1/2" hard plastic that would work perfect. Thanks for the idea

OP
OP
R

redfish1

That's a good idea. I have a sheet of some 1/2" hard plastic that would work perfect. Thanks for the idea
Thanks for the idea but can I ask how to get the pin back out. I must have really got down on it when I was tightening it up

SkidRoe

Thanks for the idea but can I ask how to get the pin back out. I must have really got down on it when I was tightening it up
Take the bolts out, and install ones that are about 2" longer, do not tighten! Take the grease fittings out of the pin housings to give the grease somewhere to go, and then hit the bolts with a sledge hammer - HARD!! They should pop loose.

OP
OP
R

redfish1

Take the bolts out, and install ones that are about 2" longer, do not tighten! Take the grease fittings out of the pin housings to give the grease somewhere to go, and then hit the bolts with a sledge hammer - HARD!! They should pop loose.
I did that exact thing but I must not have hit it hard enough. I was afraid I might screw up the thread in the pins. I will try it again but will smack the piss out of it.

Tazza

Staff member
I did that exact thing but I must not have hit it hard enough. I was afraid I might screw up the thread in the pins. I will try it again but will smack the piss out of it.
Even using the factory bolt, un-do it enough to have a small gap between the head and the arm, then hit it to crack the taper seal. Some times, it does take a LOT to get it free

OP
OP
R

redfish1

Even using the factory bolt, un-do it enough to have a small gap between the head and the arm, then hit it to crack the taper seal. Some times, it does take a LOT to get it free
Thanks, I am going to try it again tonight with a bigger sledge hammer.