bobtach QA

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

merlynr

I have an S185 and when changing attachments the levers that go up and down don't move enough sometimes. One lever moves followed by the other which I think is the normal operation but sometimes one or both don't move enough to attach or disconnect from bucket or forks etc. If I raise the rpms it seems to help. I have cleaned and greased the pins with some improvement but not totally satisfied. There are no leaks on cylinder but was thinking maybe it was bypassing fluid in the cylinder. Usually when I'm in a hurry I just put a pipe over lever and complete the hookup/disconnect. Any suggestions?

Bobcatdan

Remove the power Bob tach cylinder and work the wedges up and down with lube unt they move freely. The cylinder does not have much pressure metered to it, only about 300 psi. You can spike pressure by read heading another circuit like rolling tilt all the way back and holding it against relief. You can also check that the arm piviot bolts are in good shape. The shoulder the arm actually rides on can break off the Bob tach and the bolts with the springs holding the arm on cam bend.

OP
OP
M

merlynr

Remove the power Bob tach cylinder and work the wedges up and down with lube unt they move freely. The cylinder does not have much pressure metered to it, only about 300 psi. You can spike pressure by read heading another circuit like rolling tilt all the way back and holding it against relief. You can also check that the arm piviot bolts are in good shape. The shoulder the arm actually rides on can break off the Bob tach and the bolts with the springs holding the arm on cam bend.
Thanks for reply and tips. It hasn't been that long ago that I cleaned it all up and oiled and greased moving parts but me and son-in-law have been using it probably more that I thought.