Bobcat lift arm cylinder removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kerry773

Hi guys, I'm trying to have my lift arm cylinder on the right side rebuilt. Here's the problem, I can't remove the cylinder from the loader. My repair book says, with the arms down, cab raised, release cylinder pins from both ends, which i did. Remove both hydraulic lines from the cylinder body, which i did. Then it says remove the cylinder from the loader straight forward, which i can't. Tha durn lift arm is in the way. There's very little room for lateral movement in there and its very heavy. I tried jacking the lift arm assembly at the bucket with a hydraulic jack to get more room to remove the cylinder but the entire machine lifts off the ground. I've been at this all day with no luck. No room to remove it at the back door either. Can someone help, please. thanks kerry

Tazza

Staff member
I always lower the arms so they sit of a large block of wood so you have space under the arms to get the cyliders out. Get a bottle jack under the bucket and jack it up to get the arms to lift high enough to get the cylinder out.

OP
OP
K

Kerry773

I always lower the arms so they sit of a large block of wood so you have space under the arms to get the cyliders out. Get a bottle jack under the bucket and jack it up to get the arms to lift high enough to get the cylinder out.
Thanks for your reply Tazza, I have bottle jack under the bucket right now but, it lifts the whole front of the bobcat. Front tires are off the ground and lift arms have'nt moved. What gives? Thanks, kerry

mrfixitpaul

Thanks for your reply Tazza, I have bottle jack under the bucket right now but, it lifts the whole front of the bobcat. Front tires are off the ground and lift arms have'nt moved. What gives? Thanks, kerry
You'll have to put a block under the back of the machine to keep it fron tipping. The front end is very light compared to the back end, the bucket and arms are what hold the front down.

OP
OP
K

Kerry773

You'll have to put a block under the back of the machine to keep it fron tipping. The front end is very light compared to the back end, the bucket and arms are what hold the front down.
Whew---Thanks for sure, I'm back on it in morning. kerry