Post Bobcat 773 Boom Lift Cylinder Rebuild Hydraulic Issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SPEOPL1443

I recently rebuilt one of boom lift cylinders and now the boom is very slow to lift and will not lift under pressure. The machine drives great (forward, backward & turns). The bucket cylinder operates with no issues.

My thought was I needed to bleed air from the rebuilt cylinder. I loosened the Allen screw near the top of the rebuilt cylinder until a small amount of fluid came out, let the machine idle for several minutes and even raised and lowered the boom several times. After tightening the Allen screw, I check the hydraulic fluid level and no change.

Any other suggestions before I take it to the dealer and spend lots of money?

Thanks

brdgbldr

I recently rebuilt one of boom lift cylinders and now the boom is very slow to lift and will not lift under pressure. The machine drives great (forward, backward & turns). The bucket cylinder operates with no issues.

My thought was I needed to bleed air from the rebuilt cylinder. I loosened the Allen screw near the top of the rebuilt cylinder until a small amount of fluid came out, let the machine idle for several minutes and even raised and lowered the boom several times. After tightening the Allen screw, I check the hydraulic fluid level and no change.

Any other suggestions before I take it to the dealer and spend lots of money?

Thanks
Bobcats are self bleeding. It may take a little while. Just keep lifting and lowering the arms, small increments at first and then higher and higher, and keep checking the oil level. The cylinders don't hold a whole lot of oil so you may not even notice the oil level go down. You may however see bubbles in the oil.

Also, make sure all of your connections are back together. I cap my connections when servicing and it is pretty easy to get distracted and forget a connection.

Latest posts