Bobcat 753 alternator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Joeys199

I think my bobcat 753 has a bad alternator because when you take off the battery cable it shuts off and I was wondering where the alternator is located on my machine and how hard it should be to change?

Tazza

Staff member
Does it flatten the battery if you don't keep it charged? Have you checked it with a meter too?
Removing the alternator is a bit of work, it's on the right side looking from the rear of the machine. Access is less than fun i'm afraid. You will need to lift the cab to gain better access.

Fishfiles

I'd say taking the cable off while motor running is not a test to see if alternator is working , a voltage meter is what you need to check it , there is a fuse for the alternator

OP
OP
J

Joeys199

I'd say taking the cable off while motor running is not a test to see if alternator is working , a voltage meter is what you need to check it , there is a fuse for the alternator
Well the bobcat wouldnt charge the battery and the battery was tested and good. we just pulled the alternator (It was a bitc%) and it turns out it was a bad alternator.