Bobcat 323 mini excavator - ignition/power problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Robbee

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and I was hoping that you may be able to share your experience and help me with a problem I have. I bought a secondhand 323 a couple of years ago to work on a garden renovation project and until a few months ago, it worked like a dream. Recently, I have been having problems with it. If I try to start it, I get the ignition tone then nothing...basically dead. If I jump start it from another battery, she will start and run without any problem. If I try to switch her off, I lose all hydraulics and electrics, but engine will not switch off. If in the meantime, I switch ignition back on, I still have no power or hydraulics. To cut on engine, I manually do this on engine. I am hoping someone may have an idea what I need to do get this fixed. Just to add another point, back before this cronic problem occurred, I tried to start her and there was just a click from what looked like a black solenoid in engine compartment. I sprayed battery terminals with a contact spray and this seemed to solve the problem and she started. Thanks Rob