530 Bobcat Clark - key turned - no power whatsoever

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

soft7

I'm not the most mechanical but hopefully someone can help.

Today I was plowing and the Bobcat suddenly shut down as I was lifting a load of snow to dump. I checked the voltage from the battery to the solenoid and then to the starter, everything was good. It was just make humming type sound coming from what appeared to be the starter. I took off the flywheel cover and physically rotated the flywheel. Also, I physically rotated the starter teeth gears. I tired again and it started. I quickly got it in the shed and shut it off. A few minutes later, I turned the key and now absolutely zero power, the volt meter is off, no lights, no noise, no clicking, ….nothing. Battery is good and cable connections seem to be tight and in order.

Any suggestions?

If a starter goes out, shouldn't I still get some power when I turn the key? Maybe ignition switch?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 26

trobbl

Might be a long shot, but check the round multi-pin connector between the machine and the roll cage. When that gets disconnected, you'll have what looks like a completely dead system. I've accidentally disconnected mine a couple times while I was putting the seat pan back in place.

OP
OP
S

soft7

Might be a long shot, but check the round multi-pin connector between the machine and the roll cage. When that gets disconnected, you'll have what looks like a completely dead system. I've accidentally disconnected mine a couple times while I was putting the seat pan back in place.
Thanks, I will check that.

dfb

I had one of the wires rot out in the chassis to cab connector in my 742B. It was still intact in the connector body but I was able to pull it right out while checking for power on both sides of the connector.

OP
OP
S

soft7

I wanted to circle back to say it was a bad connection from the starter solenoid to the ignition. I was able to replace and repair the connection and was back in business. Thanks for those that helped.