Bobcat 873 start code problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

steveo916

I bought a bobcat 873 about year ago.
I used it a couple times when I first got it but now it's been so long since I used it last that I forgot the start code.
I can't get a hold of the previous owner to see if he remembered it. The data plate is missing so I don't know the serial number.
I called Wilson equipment in Eugene Oregon, and they came out and tried to connect to there tester to get a serial number with no luck.
They said this machine may have been built in Europe
Is there a way to bypass the code or install a key switch?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 26

brdgbldr

I bought a bobcat 873 about year ago.
I used it a couple times when I first got it but now it's been so long since I used it last that I forgot the start code.
I can't get a hold of the previous owner to see if he remembered it. The data plate is missing so I don't know the serial number.
I called Wilson equipment in Eugene Oregon, and they came out and tried to connect to there tester to get a serial number with no luck.
They said this machine may have been built in Europe
Is there a way to bypass the code or install a key switch?
Thanks
I was able to get the code for my machine through the Bobcat dealer. However it took a field service call to do it.

When I originally called the dealer they said they would not give me the code. I have known other machine owners that were able to get it through the dealer without any problems at all and others that the dealer asked for several hundred dollars for it. It just depends on the dealer.

When I needed them to come out and calibrate something they contacted Bobcat and got the MASTER code for the machine in case the tech. ran into problems. I asked the tech. for the code and he let me have it.

Just so you know, the machine will have a master, dealer / owner code at minimum. There can also be several operator codes that an owner can put in. You really want the master code if you can get it.

laurencen

what did you get for master code, have a machine here similar issue, user codes work but does not allow me to make changes to speed and such

OP
OP
S

steveo916

I can't get a master code for my machine without the serial code
Are there any options for it?

OP
OP
S

steveo916

I bought it with no data plate
And I can't find a serial number stamped in the frame anywhere

Tlawdogg

Ok. Usually no data plate means stay far away from the machine. It's just like you buying a vehicle with V.I.N. removed. What year do you think it is?

brdgbldr

what did you get for master code, have a machine here similar issue, user codes work but does not allow me to make changes to speed and such
Master codes are unique to each machines serial number. They are created at the factory for the specific machine while being assembled.

OP
OP
S

steveo916

Ok. Usually no data plate means stay far away from the machine. It's just like you buying a vehicle with V.I.N. removed. What year do you think it is?
The bobcat tech that came out thought it was about a 1995 model year

Latest posts