Bobcat 310 lighting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oldchachie

Hey, I have a bobcat 310 I'd like to add some led lighting to. The unit has a Koehler k341 engine. Does anyone know what this engine generates for charging amperage? I'd like to be in a situation where I don't rundown the batt very by running too many lights. Would like to know what the net available current is after subtracting a reasonable batt e th charging load.

foton

I think they are around 15 amp max , so if it were me go with LED lighting, more light per amp (watt) and go around total of 7.5 amp draw . I would think that would give you 2 front lights and then on a separate switch go with a rear light and maybe a switched back up camera if you want, they pull virtually pull nothing.

Stilgars310

I think they are around 15 amp max , so if it were me go with LED lighting, more light per amp (watt) and go around total of 7.5 amp draw . I would think that would give you 2 front lights and then on a separate switch go with a rear light and maybe a switched back up camera if you want, they pull virtually pull nothing.
I just finished rewiring my 310 with K341 engine. foton is correct 15amp max. I have LEDs from Bunker Industrial with Mictunning Wiring harness (Amazon for both). The relay with inline fuse drawn is about 7amp. No issues at all

OP
OP
O

oldchachie

I just finished rewiring my 310 with K341 engine. foton is correct 15amp max. I have LEDs from Bunker Industrial with Mictunning Wiring harness (Amazon for both). The relay with inline fuse drawn is about 7amp. No issues at all
You just rewired your 310? I've been doing that over the last couple of days. I got it finished, seemed to run ok, but i have a couple gremlins. I'm not sure i have the high/low speed wiring correct. I have the high speed swtich grounding out the field side of the relay. on the load side, i have power to the common and the low speed hooked to the normally closed pin, with the high speed connected to the normally open pin. I feel like this should do it. the power is from the ignition circuit.... i feel somehow i have both cluthes engaged and thats how i smoked the belt. got any pics? were you able to find a replacesment connector for the speed relay? i couldnt find one thats why i went with single wire female spade connectors.

Stilgars310

You just rewired your 310? I've been doing that over the last couple of days. I got it finished, seemed to run ok, but i have a couple gremlins. I'm not sure i have the high/low speed wiring correct. I have the high speed swtich grounding out the field side of the relay. on the load side, i have power to the common and the low speed hooked to the normally closed pin, with the high speed connected to the normally open pin. I feel like this should do it. the power is from the ignition circuit.... i feel somehow i have both cluthes engaged and thats how i smoked the belt. got any pics? were you able to find a replacesment connector for the speed relay? i couldnt find one thats why i went with single wire female spade connectors.
gumbudah, I am not at home until Tues so these are the only pictures I have available right now. http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=1&currentitem=9&path=Stilgars_310 http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=1&currentitem=10&path=Stilgars_310 The service manual is what I relied on for the clutch wiring. There are at least 3 variations of the of the power relay switch. Mine is actually off a 313 so it took me a little bit to map mine. I update my profile to show a public email for a day or so. Shoot me an email letting me know if your 310's serial is above or below 16152 and whether or not it has 5 tabs or 6 on the power relay switch. I'll see if I can get you some of the diagrams.