Bobcat 310 Rebuild/Restore

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oldchachie

Heyall. I have a 1977 Bobcat 310. It was leaking hydraulic fluid, the best i could tell from the axles. Sooo I started the process of replacing axle seals/bearings. Along they way, I've discovered a few things, and this has rapidly turned from "make it stop leaking" to "full restoration". So I'll post some pics here and there on my progress and look for some info here and there.
One of the first things, I've got most of the guts torn out, and as I was disassempbling, I noticed the sprockets that the brake lever chain pauls engage with are severly worn. It appears to be a sprocket with bobcat part number of 6554048. Bobcat indicated they're no longer made. Does anyoneone have any idea where I might be able to find two?

Couple other interesting things. After I took the wheels off and began to clean the sides of the undercarriage, I noticed the right rear housing has some lateral cracks where the axle tube attaches, in addition the side wall of the housing is dented in maybe 1/8" where the axle tube attaches. Sooo I've started grinding out the cracks, getting ready to weld them up, and hopefully find some way to pull/push the sidewall back out. Worst case, I'll leave it, but It'd be nice to get it straighted up. The impression isn't even, it's allowed the whole axle assembly to rotate upward a little causing the rear tire to sit at a very tiny angle. like .5 degree of camber.

OP
OP
O

oldchachie

One question I have: My machine has the third hydraulic spool, but doesn't have a pedal to operate it. does anyone have any pictures of what their third pedal looks like for operating this hydraulic set?

Hotrod1830

If you have the original, a competent machine shop with a water jet cutter can reproduce it from the original diameter and chain pitch.
Check my post history for pictures of the auxillary valve, linkage and lines for my old 310. I no longer have it so I cant get you any more.

cm2ncfsu2

On a 371 (same basic machine) I had, I added a 3rd spool. For a pedal I just made a lever that mounted on a shaft (I can't remember but was it the same shaft the existing pedals are on?) and for linkage used thick all-thread (which allowed me to use a clevis on each end which hooked to the spool and fabricated 'pedal').

Nothing special and worked fine. Have a look at shop manuals to find a picture of the factory set up for ideas.